Rooted toon without Eneco account and Google home

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

bartch
Starting Member
Starting Member

Rooted toon without Eneco account and Google home

Post by bartch »

Hi, I have a rooted toon without an Eneco account. Is it possible to link my toon to my google home anyway?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rooted toon without Eneco account and Google home

Post by marcelr »

A rooted toon has all the options a non-rooted one has, plus some extra. So yes, you can.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Yes but you need to do more yourself.
Via ifttt.com you can run commands when triggerd by your google home. For example do a URL request to webserver. This could be your toon (if you have published your toon IP to the open world). But I would prefer to put a domoticz or something in between.

You can't use Eneco's 'online' apps (like the toon app, olisto app etc). So no native google home support (or better say 'no lazy user google home support' :))
Member of the Toon Software Collective
bartch
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bartch »

thx, i was indeed referring to the "lazy" Olisto solution, but i'll dig into Domoticz
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Won't that (Olisto) still work on a rooted Toon as long as the contract is valid as @marcelr already stated?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Rudolf wrote:Won't that (Olisto) still work on a rooted Toon as long as the contract is valid as @marcelr already stated?
Yes, if you have an active Eneco subscription you can use Olisto. Doesn't matter whether the Toon is rooted as long as you keep the vpn running...
member of the Toon Software Collective
Edwin66

Post by Edwin66 »

or better say 'no lazy user google home support' :))
O damn'it....

But, Google Home and Domoticz? Still haven't found a way to do that.
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

Search for controlicz dot com

This is a project to use your google home with domoticz
Edwin66

Post by Edwin66 »

Yes, I know of that site, but not really what I was looking for. Had hoped that I could just use my Home Assistant without going through a 3rd party.
Toon® (rooted) | Hue bulbs | TRÅDFRI bulbs | Smart Plug | Domoticz latest BETA |

I'm not a programmer, just wish things work MY way
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Edwin66 wrote:Yes, I know of that site, but not really what I was looking for. Had hoped that I could just use my Home Assistant without going through a 3rd party.
There is ALWAYS a third party involved. In the case your are probably talking about that third party is Eneco (or Quby) with their service center. Or even a 4th party (like olisto who can talk to the Eneco service center).

There is now way you can connect your google home mini directly to your Toon. You need something in between to perform the actions from the internet. Even things like Philips HUE etc these days go over the internet. There is nothing the Google home mini is doing on internal network (only things like streaming audio/video, chromecast that sort of stuff).

The shortest route is using ifttt.com. Just open your Toon as a port forward in your router so ifttt.com can directly send URL's to your toon and then use the url's which are described in this forum (use the domoticz topic as a example, it also uses the url's) to control your toon over the internet using ifttt.com
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Install Google Assitant SDK on a Raspberry Pi (a tut you can find on Google. :D )

When its install, you can make custom commands, so you can control you're Toon and smart plugs.
Have a Google Home and SDK on a raspberry pi. SDK only gives you the experience.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

I'm not sure if Google Home falls back to the 'Conversation'-component, but if it does you should be able to define custom intents.

https://www.home-assistant.io/components/conversation/

I'm fairly new to voice-controlled home automation but I try to stay away from Google and went for Mycroft.
The skill for Mycroft can fall back to this 'Conversation'-component on request.
That doesn't work (yet, for me at least), but I intend to write some intents to control Toon to set its mode or raise/lower the setpoint.
https://www.home-assistant.io/components/intent_script/

Ultimately I'd like to get this (https://github.com/cyberjunky/home-assi ... components) custom component into Home Assistant together with specialized intents.
'Hey Mycroft, set Toon to comfort'
'Hey Mycroft, lower Toon's setpoint by 1 degree'

Return to “Toon Rooting”