TOON/OTGW problem

Everything about external control, apps, VNC, etc goes here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

hans3103
Starting Member
Starting Member

TOON/OTGW problem

Post by hans3103 »

Hello.
I have a Toon thermostat connected to a vaillant vhr 35 c. I was able to connect the Open therm gateway (OTGW) to it. I can read out everything in Domoticz and after a restart and some commands in OTmonitor. Setting things its not possible in Domotiz, sometimes i can set something but then it switchback to the orginal settings. In OTmonitor i can set Central heating temperature and warm water temperature. Is there something more i have to do in Domoticz to make it work. If i understand right i cannot set the room setpoint because its not possible with the vaillant heater i have?

Is there something more to try in Domoticz so the settings work there also?

many thanks.
hvxl

Re: TOON/OTGW problem

Post by hvxl »

hans3103 wrote:If i understand right i cannot set the room setpoint because its not possible with the vaillant heater i have?
The ability to change the room setpoint via the OTGW depends on the thermostat, not the heater.
Schelte
hans3103
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hans3103 »

Thanks for the asnwer,
Do i have to do something with the Toon thermostat to make it work then? Its strange that the thermostat keep switching back to the settings it have. Or is the Toon thermostat incompatible ?

thanks Hans
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Either a thermostat was designed to allow setpoint changes through Opentherm or not. There isn't much a user can do about it, other than selecting the right thermostat if this is a requirement. Thermostats with a WiFi connection usually provide a different method to change the setpoint through "the cloud".

Long shot: According to the equipment matrix, the Toon actually requests MsgID 9. If you have a rooted Toon and you can somehow get your hands on the returned data for that message, you may be able to create an app that uses that information and manipulates the setpoint accordingly. Unfortunately I have no idea exactly how to do it, or if it is even possible.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I have a Toon, but I don't use its thermostat functionality.
Schelte

Return to “Toon external control”