Page 1 of 13

Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:01 pm
by RoadXY
I released an new app to the Google App store: Toon for Android.
You'll need an hacked/rooted Toon (offcourse) in order to be able to control your Toon from your Android device.

Availability
The app is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... napps.toon (not available yet!)

Apply for Beta testing here (could have bugs!) :
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.toonapps.toon

I'll be needing some testers which can help test in Alpha release
(PM me your Gmail address which is used by your phone).

Issue and feature request
Please check https://github.com/Inversion-NL/Toon-Android/issues for open and closed issues and feature request.
If there isn't any open or closed request, please do create one here:
https://github.com/Inversion-NL/Toon-An ... new/choose

Provide as much information as possible like Toon firmware version, app version etc

Screenshots
Screenshot_1554207509.png
Screenshot_1554207509.png (13.58 KiB) Viewed 8178 times
Screenshot_1554207505.png
Screenshot_1554207505.png (12.82 KiB) Viewed 8178 times

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:12 pm
by TerrorSource
Count me in! 8)

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:19 pm
by RoadXY
TerrorSource wrote:Count me in! 8)

Great! Thanks!
I'll be needing your Google e-mail address which is used by your phone.
DM/PM me your address and I'll add you to the list of Alpha testers.

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:19 pm
by mAiden
Count me in for testing.. Will be a long way to get that unknow crash out by me, but i will help with it! :)
My gmail can i send if you want.

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:23 pm
by RoadXY
mAiden wrote:Count me in for testing.. Will be a long way to get that unknow crash out by me, but i will help with it! :)
My gmail can i send if you want.

We'll fight toghether on this :D
If you want on the alpha track, I'll be needing your Gmail address, please.

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm
by RoadXY
And available for pre-registration and Alpha testers.
Register here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... napps.toon

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:27 pm
by WickedMaster
Great work. Will be testing and developing as well, count me in.

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:03 am
by TerrorSource
RoadXY wrote:And available for pre-registration and Alpha testers.
Register here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... napps.toon


URL cant be found.. Do you need my gmail account via PM?

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 am
by RoadXY
If you want to be alpha tester, I'll need your Gmail address.
Not for Beta testing though.

Applying for Beta testing here (could have bugs!) :
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.toonapps.toon

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:34 am
by RoadXY
Updated the first post

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:15 pm
by glsf91
RoadXY wrote:
Applying for Beta testing here (could have bugs!) :
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.toonapps.toon


When going to that page and download it on Google play I get: This item isn't available in your country

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:15 pm
by yjb
Hi,

Not sure if this makes sense, but "hacked Toon" doesn't sound very friendly. I would suggest to refer to it as Toon with root access, or rooted Toon.

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 pm
by RoadXY
glsf91 wrote:
RoadXY wrote:
Applying for Beta testing here (could have bugs!) :
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.toonapps.toon


When going to that page and download it on Google play I get: This item isn't available in your country

Made an stupid mistake. Should work now

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm
by RoadXY
yjb wrote:Hi,

Not sure if this makes sense, but "hacked Toon" doesn't sound very friendly. I would suggest to refer to it as Toon with root access, or rooted Toon.

Rooted Toon sounds nice, I'll change it.

Re: Toon for Android

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:04 pm
by glsf91
Do you want the remarks here or on github?

- clicking +/- has no effect
- selected program almost not visible
- Power Usage says N/A
- Default temp change setting: displays 1 and 5; should be 0.1 and 0.5; also add "degrees" to both.; maybe also add 1 degree as a choice.

some other comments I made already on github

but great work.