Toon for Android

Everything about external control, apps, VNC, etc goes here.

Moderators: marcelr, TerrorSource, Toonz, TheHogNL

Re: android app TOON

Postby marcelr » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Just installed your app on my ancient Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Screen resolution barely non-negative ;-).
Apart from my compliments for this functioning app, just a few remarks:

The screen doesn't fit my phone, see attached screenshot. It could be the age of my phone, or the fact that my toon is a toon2? Toon screen resolution 1024*600 or thereabouts?

There's a linefeed "\n" in view in the program step window "Om 23:00 uur \n op..."

As soon as I want to adjust temp I get the message "Fout bij het ophalen van temperatuurgegevens: response data or responseHandler is null". That could also be because of my toon being on my desk and not connected to a boiler. Will attach it to my boiler emulator later this week.

Screenshot_2019-04-03-22-10-49.png
Screenshot_2019-04-03-22-10-49.png (31.61 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: android app TOON

Postby WickedMaster » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm

S3 Mini is too old for these days.... So, yes, it's because of the age of your phone.

The newline issue is fixed in the next release. And we're working on the responseHandler error.
User avatar
WickedMaster
Member
Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: November 2018

Re: Toon for Android

Postby marcelr » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:46 pm

WickedMaster wrote:S3 Mini is too old for these days.... So, yes, it's because of the age of your phone.

It suits my needs. Will start working on the VNC server for toon2 then as an alternative.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: May 2012
Location: Ehv

Re: android app TOON

Postby RoadXY » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:54 pm

marcelr wrote:Just installed your app on my ancient Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Screen resolution barely non-negative ;-).
Apart from my compliments for this functioning app, just a few remarks:

The screen doesn't fit my phone, see attached screenshot. It could be the age of my phone, or the fact that my toon is a toon2?

No, we fetch the data and set that in our own UI.
I knew this was an problem however I don't have an solution as of yet and, since most of the devices won't be having this issue, It'll be not very high on the (now very long) to-do list, I'm sorry.

marcelr wrote:As soon as I want to adjust temp I get the message "Fout bij het ophalen van temperatuurgegevens: response data or responseHandler is null". That could also be because of my toon being on my desk and not connected to a boiler. Will attach it to my boiler emulator later this week.

Nope, that's not because of your boiler but an error in the app.
But since like an hour, I too have an rooted Toon (Thanks to WickedMaster!) so I'll be able to try and resolve these issues.
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: Toon for Android

Postby RoadXY » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:55 pm

marcelr wrote:
WickedMaster wrote:S3 Mini is too old for these days.... So, yes, it's because of the age of your phone.

It suits my needs. Will start working on the VNC server for toon2 then as an alternative.

We'll figure something out, don't worry.
If there are more people having the same issue we'll handle it sooner.
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: Toon for Android

Postby yjb » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:42 am

Hi,

Not sure if this was reported already: Stroom nu gives N/A, while GAS is correct.

Also, I'm not too excited about the 2 digit precision behind the comma: 18.22. It gives the impression that the temperature measurement is very accurate (while it's not that precise).

Other than that: Good Job!
Last edited by yjb on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
yjb
Member
Member
 
Posts: 198
Joined: April 2009
Location: Venhuizen, Netherlands

Re: Toon for Android

Postby RoadXY » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:25 am

yjb wrote:Hi,

Not sure if this was reported already: Stoom nu gives N/A, while GAS is correct.


Could you provide me the output of:
http://[toonip]/hdrv_zwave?action=getDevices.json

yjb wrote:Also, I'm not too excited about the 2 digit precision behind the comma: 18.22. It gives the impression that the temperature measurement is very accurate (while it's not that precise).

The 'two digi issue' is already solved in the upcoming alpha version: see here https://github.com/fabianblom/Toon-Android/issues/14

yjb wrote:Other than that: Good Job!

Thanks!
Last edited by RoadXY on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: Toon for Android

Postby RoadXY » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:38 am

Updated the first post on where to check if there isn't already an issue created.
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: Toon for Android

Postby yjb » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 am

RoadXY wrote:
Not sure if this was reported already: Stroom nu gives N/A, while GAS is correct.


Could you provide me the output of:
http://[toonip]/hdrv_zwave?action=getDevices.json

[/quote]

Here you go:

Code: Select all

<SNIP>
   "dev_3":{ 
      "uuid":"8535fd22-4500-45bb-8852-f5c7160a5c90",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3",
      "internalAddress":"3",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3",
      "supportsCrc":"1",
      "ccList":"5e 86 72 32 56 5a 59 85 73 7a 60 8e 22 70 8b 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 86 72 32 56 5a 59 85 73 7a 60 8e 22 70 8b 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "IsConnected":"1",
      "HealthValue":"10",
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3"
   },
   "dev_3.1":{ 
      "uuid":"d776e6d1-24e5-4b4e-8d89-2c68735489b3",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_1",
      "internalAddress":"3.1",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_1",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "CurrentGasFlow":"3.00",
      "CurrentGasQuantity":"1243684.00",
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_1"
   },
   "dev_3.2":{ 
      "uuid":"a85b3097-3076-45bf-9ab1-7f671dc13f5b",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_2",
      "internalAddress":"3.2",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_2",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_2",
      "CurrentElectricityFlow":"NaN",
      "CurrentElectricityQuantity":"NaN"
   },
   "dev_3.3":{ 
      "uuid":"aacf62a8-80d5-4061-885a-d27d4c7c2162",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_3",
      "internalAddress":"3.3",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_3",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_3",
      "CurrentElectricityFlow":"221.00",
      "CurrentElectricityQuantity":"207653.00"
   },
   "dev_3.4":{ 
      "uuid":"0cef5b2b-7272-4143-906f-59b284070bb4",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_4",
      "internalAddress":"3.4",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_4",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_4",
      "CurrentElectricityFlow":"378.00",
      "CurrentElectricityQuantity":"828564.00"
   },
   "dev_3.5":{ 
      "uuid":"eb6ba2f9-558d-4944-b238-258a70115c77",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_5",
      "internalAddress":"3.5",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_5",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_5",
      "CurrentElectricityFlow":"0.00",
      "CurrentElectricityQuantity":"146780.00"
   },
   "dev_3.6":{ 
      "uuid":"efe14178-7bdc-4d14-b1fa-32a5deaf4d6a",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_6",
      "internalAddress":"3.6",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_6",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_6",
      "CurrentElectricityFlow":"0.00",
      "CurrentElectricityQuantity":"1110590.00"
   },
   "dev_3.7":{ 
      "uuid":"22397305-82e3-46c1-b0f0-05dbe3263f30",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_7",
      "internalAddress":"3.7",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_7",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_7",
      "CurrentElectricityFlow":"0.00",
      "CurrentElectricityQuantity":"71583.00"
   },
   "dev_3.8":{ 
      "uuid":"e0a42332-622a-43a4-bbf7-c516ef5f8745",
      "name":"HAE_METER_v3_8",
      "internalAddress":"3.8",
      "type":"HAE_METER_v3_8",
      "supportsCrc":"0",
      "ccList":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "supportedCC":"5e 59 85 8e 3c 3d 3e",
      "nodeFlags":[ 

      ],
      "DeviceName":"HAE_METER_v3_8",
      "CurrentHeatQuantity":"NaN"
   },
   "dev_settings_device":{ 
      "uuid":"d6d5ce1d-2055-40f4-b9b3-991f1a8f6848",
      "name":"settings_device",
      "internalAddress":"settings_device",
      "type":"settings_device"
   },
<SNIP>
}


(I believe the dev devices are not always the same, so you might want to make this a configurable option.
As you can see I have also zon op toon with feed in quantities (dev_3.3)
yjb
Member
Member
 
Posts: 198
Joined: April 2009
Location: Venhuizen, Netherlands

Re: Toon for Android

Postby RoadXY » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Versie 0.5.3 is naar de alpha:

    Verbetering: Slechts 1 cijfer achter de comma (Lost issue 14 op)
    Bug fix: Laat alleen een melding zien als er echt iets fout gaat (Lost issue 13 op)
    Verbetering: Terugkoppeling als je de 'ververs knop' gebruikt (Lost issue 15 op)
    Verbetering: Gebruik 'burner info' (alleen op OpenTherm?) om a.d.h. daarvan een vlam te tonen (of niet).
    Bug fix: Als de app gestart word, werd niet de juiste mode knop ingeschakeld
    Verbetering: Verander de layout van de mode knoppen om meer overeen te komen met Toon
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: Toon for Android

Postby _Arjen_ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:58 pm

Installed the app on a Huawei Mate 10 Lite, after connecting to Toon the app immediately crashes.
When I am back home I will see if I can get a logcat.
_Arjen_
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon for Android

Postby RoadXY » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:21 pm

_Arjen_ wrote:Installed the app on a Huawei Mate 10 Lite, after connecting to Toon the app immediately crashes.
When I am back home I will see if I can get a logcat.

Did you leave an review on the Play Store?
I got an crash report about a Huawei Mate 10 Lite but it didn't mention anithing about any code/app.

Code: Select all
java.lang.NullPointerException:
  at android.app.assist.AssistStructure$WindowNode.<init> (AssistStructure.java:484)
  at android.app.assist.AssistStructure.<init> (AssistStructure.java:1908)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleRequestAssistContextExtras (ActivityThread.java:3580)
  at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:2238)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:108)
  at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:166)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:7529)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
  at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (Zygote.java:245)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:921)
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: android app TOON

Postby RoadXY » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:06 am

marcelr wrote:Just installed your app on my ancient Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Screen resolution barely non-negative ;-).
Apart from my compliments for this functioning app, just a few remarks:

The screen doesn't fit my phone, see attached screenshot. It could be the age of my phone, or the fact that my toon is a toon2? Toon screen resolution 1024*600 or thereabouts?

https://github.com/fabianblom/Toon-Android/issues/24

Much better in 0.5.4
Screenshot_1554386098.png
Screenshot_1554386098.png (34.91 KiB) Viewed 2705 times


marcelr wrote:There's a linefeed "\n" in view in the program step window "Om 23:00 uur \n op..."

Fixed in 0.5.4

marcelr wrote:As soon as I want to adjust temp I get the message "Fout bij het ophalen van temperatuurgegevens: response data or responseHandler is null". That could also be because of my toon being on my desk and not connected to a boiler. Will attach it to my boiler emulator later this week.

Fixed in 0.5.4
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

Re: Toon for Android

Postby _Arjen_ » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 am

RoadXY wrote:
_Arjen_ wrote:Installed the app on a Huawei Mate 10 Lite, after connecting to Toon the app immediately crashes.
When I am back home I will see if I can get a logcat.

Did you leave an review on the Play Store?
I got an crash report about a Huawei Mate 10 Lite but it didn't mention anithing about any code/app.

Code: Select all
java.lang.NullPointerException:
  at android.app.assist.AssistStructure$WindowNode.<init> (AssistStructure.java:484)
  at android.app.assist.AssistStructure.<init> (AssistStructure.java:1908)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleRequestAssistContextExtras (ActivityThread.java:3580)
  at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:2238)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:108)
  at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:166)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:7529)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
  at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (Zygote.java:245)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:921)


That was me ;)
Didn't have any time yet to troubleshoot, but will add my findings to the issues on Github
_Arjen_
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon for Android

Postby RoadXY » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:36 am

_Arjen_ wrote:That was me ;)
Didn't have any time yet to troubleshoot, but will add my findings to the issues on Github

Great.
I did find something which could be related to your issue:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/458 ... utedittext
RoadXY
Member
Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: October 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Toon external control

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest