Home Assistant with rooted Toon

Everything about external control, apps, VNC, etc goes here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

mAiden

Home Assistant with rooted Toon

Post by mAiden »

For people who want to link Home Assistant to a rooted Toon. See my github for the necessary files.

https://github.com/m-Aiden/HAToon
Member of the Toon Software Collective
mAiden

Re: Home Assistant with rooted Toon

Post by mAiden »

For people who want to get information from Toon in Home Assistant and to switch smart plugs on Toon with Home Asisstant.

https://github.com/m-Aiden/ToonHA-Scripts
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

Nice.. I tried Hass.io but after a few times it keeps failing at start up. Any tips?
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Vibestar wrote:Nice.. I tried Hass.io but after a few times it keeps failing at start up. Any tips?
What kind of error message do you get?
First time start-up can take at least 30 minutes.
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

I tried installing it a few times. Great interface, a lot of plugins, etc etc. On reboot no web gui. Even if I don't change anything. It just won't popup in the browser.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Vibestar wrote:I tried installing it a few times. Great interface, a lot of plugins, etc etc. On reboot no web gui. Even if I don't change anything. It just won't popup in the browser.
Post if you can the following log file: /config/home-assistant.log
maybe I can get something out of it, why he suddenly doesn't do it anymore.
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

I have Hass.io running better now. I did some research about yaml. I think that is why it keeped crashing. Now I check if the config is good before rebooting.

Still I can't get your plugin to work. I don't fully understand the custom components.
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

2019-09-20 09:47:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: climate - Integration toon_climate not found.
2019-09-20 09:47:20 ERROR (Thread-2) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Unable to connect to the MQTT broker: Connection Refused: not authorised.
2019-09-20 09:47:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 406, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_added_to_hass()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/sensor.py", line 132, in async_added_to_hass
await self._subscribe_topics()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/sensor.py", line 199, in _subscribe_topics
"qos": self._config[CONF_QOS],
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/subscription.py", line 82, in async_subscribe_topics
await requested.resubscribe_if_necessary(hass, current)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/subscription.py", line 39, in resubscribe_if_necessary
hass, self.topic, self.message_callback, self.qos, self.encoding
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 452, in async_subscribe
encoding,
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 848, in async_subscribe
await self._async_perform_subscription(topic, qos)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 884, in _async_perform_subscription
_raise_on_error(result)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 984, in _raise_on_error
"Error talking to MQTT: {}".format(mqtt.error_string(result_code))
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error talking to MQTT: The client is not currently connected.
2019-09-20 09:47:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Setup of platform met is taking over 10 seconds.
mAiden

Post by mAiden »

Vibestar wrote:2019-09-20 09:47:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: climate - Integration toon_climate not found.
2019-09-20 09:47:20 ERROR (Thread-2) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Unable to connect to the MQTT broker: Connection Refused: not authorised.
2019-09-20 09:47:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 406, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_added_to_hass()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/sensor.py", line 132, in async_added_to_hass
await self._subscribe_topics()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/sensor.py", line 199, in _subscribe_topics
"qos": self._config[CONF_QOS],
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/subscription.py", line 82, in async_subscribe_topics
await requested.resubscribe_if_necessary(hass, current)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/subscription.py", line 39, in resubscribe_if_necessary
hass, self.topic, self.message_callback, self.qos, self.encoding
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 452, in async_subscribe
encoding,
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 848, in async_subscribe
await self._async_perform_subscription(topic, qos)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 884, in _async_perform_subscription
_raise_on_error(result)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/__init__.py", line 984, in _raise_on_error
"Error talking to MQTT: {}".format(mqtt.error_string(result_code))
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error talking to MQTT: The client is not currently connected.
2019-09-20 09:47:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Setup of platform met is taking over 10 seconds.
Remove MQTT, Hass.io dont like it, that gives you the most errors.. What are you try with MQTT?
If you want to use custom component climate_toon? Make a dir in root of homeassistant (Hass.io you need the config dir!), name it: custom_components
Inside the custom_componets, put the map toon_climate (right working version you can find them here: https://github.com/cyberjunky/home-assi ... components | My version is not update yet, sorry for that!), for the rest follow the information on the link that i share!
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

I use zigbee2mqtt with a USB sniffer. Its working fine now.

I’ve already created a custom_components folder in the config folder. There I’ve copied the Git stuff.
Do I need to put it in the root?
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

It works, great!!! I think the init.py did the trick.
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

Does Toon_google also work? I would like to adres my TOON via the google home.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Yes,

That works, Toon and google assistant works with home assistant.
You can say hey google set temp on 23 and it switch or what is the temp in the house and it says 20 ...
Vibestar

Post by Vibestar »

Also in Dutch? Do I need to put in the comfort script from toon_google or just the toon_climate?
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello,

Yes also in dutch etc.

You need to google and search for github - cyberjunky - home-assistant-custom-components and install these scrip on your home assistant.
And you need to connect your google assistant on the home assistant and than it works.

Return to “Toon external control”