2 toons on in one home

Everything about external control, apps, VNC, etc goes here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

RubberErt
Starting Member
Starting Member

2 toons on in one home

Post by RubberErt »

is it possible to use one on floor 1 en on the next floor with the same boiler and energie info.

i use rooted toon 1.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 2 toons on in one home

Post by TheHogNL »

RubberErt wrote:is it possible to use one on floor 1 en on the next floor with the same boiler and energie info.

i use rooted toon 1.
For energy info you could install a 2nd meteradapter and a P1-splitter to make the data available for the 2nd toon. (need a smart energy meter ofcourse with P1 port)

To use the 2nd toon for the next floor as a thermostat so that your boiler can heatup the 2nd floor seperatly requires central heating modifications (zone heating) and support from your boiler. This is no problem for the toon (as it is just a thermostat for that zone).

Zone heating requires multiple pumps and valves to be installed or special support from a boiler for that.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
RubberErt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RubberErt »

this is helpfull i can start the project now.
thanks.
Vriesfde
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Vriesfde »

I recently stumbled upon the 'thermostatplus' app in the toonstore.
With this i can now use my old Toon 1 to see/control the living room Toon2 temp.

Did a search in the apps section here but could not find any description or topic for this app, maybe overlooked something ?
JackV
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by JackV »

Hi Vriesfde,
I did not mention this app anywhere on the Internet but on the place were I published the app : https://github.com/JackV2020/thermostatPlus from where it is pulled into the ToonSoftwareCollective for the ToonStore.
Maybe you find the additional info you want in the README.md in my github or in the qml files which contain the code in a javascript like language.
If you want more info, please let me know what you are looking for.
Kind regards, JackV

Return to “Toon external control”