An issue with burnerInfo or my Toon module of my Toon 1 ?

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

JackV
Starting Member
Starting Member

An issue with burnerInfo or my Toon module of my Toon 1 ?

Post by JackV »

My heating works fine and I found the behaviour of burnerInfo I describe below during testing the app ThermostatPlus I am working on.
On my Toon 1 I get from http://toon-ip/happ_thermstat?action=getThermostatInfo a response like :

{"result":"ok", "currentTemp":"2120", "currentSetpoint":"700", "currentInternalBoilerSetpoint":"6", "programState":"0", "activeState":"-1", "nextProgram":"-1", "nextState":"-1", "nextTime":"0","nextSetpoint":"0","randomConfigId":"1804289383","errorFound":"255","connection":"0","burnerInfo":"0","otCommError":"0","currentModulationLevel":"0"}

where burnerInfo is 0 because the heating is off. When I turn on the heating it switches to 1 as expected and when I turn the heating off it stays at 1 for about 15 minutes and only then returns to 0.
At that moment I also hear a little click in my heating. I do not think the Toon module clicks.
My development Toon 2 has no heating and burnerInfo turns 1 when the setpoint is set above the currrent temperature and returns to 0 immediatly when the setpoint is set lower and the Toon module clicks immediately during each switch.
I expected my Toon 1 burnerInfo to have the same behaviour as my Toon 2 burnerInfo.
Is this different on a Toon 1, is my Toon 1 module broken, do I have another issue, is this oke, ..... ?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: An issue with burnerInfo or my Toon module of my Toon 1 ?

Post by TheHogNL »

Your toon1 is probably communicating over opentherm. Burnerinfo is then related to the actual status of the burner. When lowering the setpoint of your toon1 with opentherm it doesn't immediatly result in a boiler turn off (only if you set the setpoint way lower). Your toon2 is probably on/off and then burnerinfo is the on/off state of how the toon2 thinks it is.
Member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”