Opkg can't update due to feed.hae.int disappearing

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

markismus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Opkg can't update due to feed.hae.int disappearing

Post by markismus »

Hello,
My Toon has been running lovely for a few years, but it got stuck at 5.13.xx and started generating error messages.
So I updated the Toon manually to 5.33.9 and I got the message:

Code: Select all

* opkg_download: Failed to download http://feed.hae.int/feeds/qb2/oe/angelica-1.6.0-master-psplash-curl/armv5e/libqt5websockets5_5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0_armv5e.ipk: Couldn't connect to server.
If I try do a opkg update, it fails with signature error. It turns out that feed.hae.int is defined in the /etc/hosts file as 172.18.192.1 and it fails to respond to pings.
Is there another repository to which I can point in the hosts file?
As the update seems to work as it should, I wonder whether this is just a relic. Is opkg still used and needed in firmware 5.33.9?

Thanks for reading this, cheers from Rotterdam-Blijdorp,
Markismus
Last edited by markismus on Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Opkg can't update due to feed.hae.int disappearing

Post by TheHogNL »

markismus wrote:Hello,
My Toon has been running lovely for a few years, but it got stuck at 5.13.xx and started generating error messages.
So I updated the Toon manually to 5.33.9 and I got the message:

Code: Select all

* opkg_download: Failed to download http://feed.hae.int/feeds/qb2/oe/angelica-1.6.0-master-psplash-curl/armv5e/libqt5websockets5_5.11.2+git0+e71467cb56-r0_armv5e.ipk: Couldn't connect to server.
If I try do a opkg update, it fails with signature error. It turns out that feed.hae.int is defined in the /etc/hosts file as 172.18.192.1 and it fails to respond to pings.
Is there another repository to which I can point in the hosts file?
As the update seems to work as it should, I wonder whether this is just a relict. Is opkg still used and needed in firmware 5.33.9?

Thanks for reading this, cheers from Rotterdam-Blijdorp,
Markismus
Still being used as the update process yes. For the feed.hae.int to be accessible you have to have the vpn open to Eneco/Quby. A safe way is to start "sh update-rooted.sh -o"
Member of the Toon Software Collective
markismus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Opkg can't update due to feed.hae.int disappearing

Post by markismus »

Thanks! Works like a charm.

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”