Toon2 display very dim during daytime

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon2 display very dim during daytime

Post by mogwai »

Hi Guys,

I just upgraded to a Toon2. I'm very happy with the speed, but not so happy with the fact that the screen is barely readable in dim state during daytime. In the settings it cannot be set to any value higher then 10%.

Is this normal? Should the Toon2 automatic brightness control? (which in my case doesn't seem to function). Any clues?

I'm running firmware version 5.33.9.

Thanks!
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon2 display very dim during daytime

Post by TheHogNL »

mogwai wrote:Hi Guys,

I just upgraded to a Toon2. I'm very happy with the speed, but not so happy with the fact that the screen is barely readable in dim state during daytime. In the settings it cannot be set to any value higher then 10%.

Is this normal? Should the Toon2 automatic brightness control? (which in my case doesn't seem to function). Any clues?

I'm running firmware version 5.33.9.

Thanks!
It is not but 10% should be reasonably readable even from a distance. Only a large view angle will be harder to read.
This is due to heat collection with higher brightness causing the internal temp sensors to fluctuate to much.

I am wondering how bad your screen is or that you are just having it under a large view angle?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

This is what it looks in daylight from a good viewing angle:

It is a lot less bright then the Toon1 I had before and also the viewing angle is worse. Even my wife and kids directly noticed it. Is there anything I can check on the ambient light sensor / settings / whetever?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

This looks normal so nothing bad with your unit.

As I said this is because with to high brightness the temp sensor will not work correctly anymore causing complains about the house not being heated correctly.

I advice you to wait a few days maybe weeks. Often people just get used to it.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Do you still have your old toon1 and can you please make a photo of both active? As I said your photo looks ok. But I just checked my toon2 with a toon1 and see no difference in brightness.
Maybe it was just your old toon1 which had a problem with a too high brightness.
mogwai
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mogwai »

Thanks for looking into this. I would love to make a side by side picture, but today accidentally dropped the 24v adapter that powers the toon via the ketel module and now it is dead. So I first need to find a way to get a new one to power up the toon1...:(

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”