Automate a gas stove

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
badeend
Starting Member
Starting Member

Automate a gas stove

Post by badeend »

Hi,

I just bought a house and am trying to automate it using homewizard. One of the things i would like to automate is my gas stove (for heating). It just take one button (the middle one) to turn it on or off and i would like to be able to do this with my smartphone.
Anyone who can show me in a direction as to how to do this would be very welcome. I've been looking all over but to be honest i know little about this stuff.

This is a picture of the control panel of the stove. It's the button with the 0 1 and 2 on it:
http://postimg.org/image/t49wnwbh9/

Thanks for your help!
vasco_nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Automate a gas stove

Post by vasco_nl »

Just for the record. Control something like this with gas is not something to do when your not at home through a mobile phone. This can be go horable wrong.
Disneyland, een mensenval bediend door een muis!
badeend
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Automate a gas stove

Post by badeend »

Hi,

I understand that you would say that. However i don't really feel that way since i'm not planning on tampering with the stuff inside the stove (that would be really stupid), just the button.
The worst that could happen is that it is 40 °C in my house and i would like to integrate a failsafe with a thermometer so that this is not a possibility.
Do you still think that this is a dangerous thing to do if i just change the button?

Kind regards and thanks for you answer

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”