Male, Dutch/Belgium speaking TTS voice

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
AshaiRey

Male, Dutch/Belgium speaking TTS voice

Post by AshaiRey »

Hi,

I am looking for a male Dutch or Belgium speaking TTS voice. Could anyone recommend me a voice and preferably give me directions where i can find one for download. If you want to be discreed you can PM me this information also. :D
Bram
sim
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Male, Dutch/Belgium speaking TTS voice

Post by sim »

Hi Bram,

Try nextup.com
He' s got them all, to listen to and/ or to buy. Personally I never succeeded in finding a good Dutch male voice. The combination of the male voce and computerequipment somehow does not give a good articulation.
I use Claire together with Textaloud.

If you buy from Nextup be sure it also works in the Netherlands. Some non open sapi voces require expensive extra software to make them work. He supplies a workaround he is only alowed to sell in the States.

I just saw he has a few new Dutch male voices, maybe I should give it a try again. Let me know if you find a good Dutch voice.

Joost
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Thanks for the info.
I am aware of nextup.com but it has been some time that i had a look there.
I listened to a very good Belgium voice called Jeroen but i can't find that one either
For those that are intrested you can have a look at this link for many good voices
freedomscientific.com/downloads/RealSpe ... nloads.asp
Bram
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

If somebody is still looking for a text-to-speech voice for Homeseer:

Ivona.com has some SAPI 5 (22kHz) voices with licenses for personal use, (39€/voice, with a couple going for 29 eur). The list includes a Dutch male and female voice: Lotte and Ruben.

I don't use the Dutch voice myself, but employ their US voice (Salli) with my HS system, which sounds great imho.

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”