Mobotix T24

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

nico_gh2

Mobotix T24

Post by nico_gh2 »

Mobotix T24

Has someone already an experience with this doorcamera from Mobotix?
In combination with the Siedle vario system one could make a complete mailbox/intercom/doorbell system including a video when events occur. The description is really nice and it doen't look that bad altough the price is going to be pretty steep I guess.
Any info appreciated as I'm going to replace my frontdoor porch and would love to integrate something like this.

thnks,
nico
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Mobotix T24

Post by Esteban »

The T24M-Sec-N11 is still on my 'wish-list' but I have no good place to mount it at the moment. There are several versions available, hi- and standard def, night and day etc. Be sure to double-check which model you want. Prices vary greatly depending on where you look +/-900-1500eur for the T24 module. It's available in several colors beside white.
olof

Post by olof »

When I was remodeling my house last year I looked at the T24 to enhance my existing Siedle Vario setup at the front gate.

Combining the T24 with some nice accessories would create (for me) the ideal & professional setup:
Mobotix T24
MX2Wire to create ethernet connection on the existing analogue wires already dug in from gate/T24 to my house
EXTIO for easy hook-up to lights, (and presumably Homeseer), etc..

However, I was taken aback by the steep price. Anywhere between EUR 800 and EUR 1200,- depending on configuration and what Siedle stuff you already have.
Was too much for my budget. :cry:

At that time (early 2011) I couldn't find any suitable alternative. Someday when the "remodeling piggy bank" is filled up again, I will definitely get it.

Cheers,
Olof
olof

Post by olof »

Oh, I almost forgot.

The place where I go to get info on the various IP camera's is this forum.
http://www.networkcamerareviews.com/forums

Alas, not much info on the T24 specifically. They do have various discussions on Mobotix camera's which are deemed to be of good quality.

Olof
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

Esteban and Olof thanks for your comments.

I'll have a look at the different colours available as I thought the T24 was only in black and white and not the full Siedle colour range.
Indeed a 1000euro is a large amount of money nowadays but if I install things now I would be ok for the next 20years or so I guess and that would bring overall costs back to 50euro a year (which at least sounds better :o ).

Olof did you actually find a place where they have the Siedle on display, I googled but couldn't find a physical store just yet. Might have to ask Siedle themselfs as I won't spent that much money on something I haven't seen in real life at all.
olof

Post by olof »

Olof did you actually find a place where they have the Siedle on display, I googled but couldn't find a physical store just yet. Might have to ask Siedle themselfs as I won't spent that much money on something I haven't seen in real life at all.
Nope, didn't find a physical store. Please note that Siedle doesn't sell nor offer the T24 from Mobotix. Siedle has their own video solutions (which was not IP based in early 2011 if I remember correctly).

The Siedle Vario system is a modular based system and a big player in such doorbell systems.
Mobotix (not related to Siedle) developed the T24 to fit inside the Siedle Vario system as a module using some sort of accessory. Mobotix is basically piggy backing on the success of the Siedle Vario installed base.

As far as I can tell/find out is that the T24 is either sold by web shops or by professional installers. Maybe a phone call to the importer might locate a showroom or physical shop?
Let me know if you do find out!

Cheers
Olof
RobTdeBoer

Post by RobTdeBoer »

Kijk hier maar (zij verkopen hem) :

http://www.webcamcenter.nl/catalog/default.php
Niels

Post by Niels »

First preperations have been made :D

In about a year i can put a user review on this forum... I'm not sure if it's going to be the day or night type.
Be careful with placing in direct sunlight, only the white an silver versions are suitable.
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

Niels, looking forward to the review but I'm needing it sooner than that unfortunately.
Are installing everything by youself?
Mobotix and some Siedle Vario stuff or ... ?

Found a company in Vuren (Installateur DJS Hekwerken, Tel 0183562038) through Siedle Netherlands.
They have done a few fences (hekwerk) including posts with mailbox and intercom, automated entry fence etc.
I'm going to contact them this week.

rgds
nico
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Soon Ipad/iphone app for the mobotix T24
http://www.mobotix-camera.nl/toepassingen/mx-home-app
marck

Post by marck »

Finally the IOS app is available. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.mobotix.com/dut_NL/content/view/full/178045

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”