switching all power sockets and lights

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
vincenttor

Re: switching all power sockets and lights

Post by vincenttor »

Haha, hoezo ?
interesse :lol:
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Nah, ik wil geen buren die aan mijn huis vast zitten.. 8)
Bram
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Ach, ik merk er hopelijk weinig van, hoor ze nooit.
Ze zullen meer last van mij krijgen gok ik :roll:
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

So another view updates.

i had to hurry a bit with the bathroom because the concrete floor would be poured in next week, so i used some hdpe pipes i have from my work for the water connections.

Also i was advised when using a shower drain to pour some none shrinking concrete around the drain to prevent leakage in the future when the concrete dries.

The cove i have in the rooms upstairs are also done now, i mean the front piece, gives a total different look when they are white.

i also mounted the plaster stops , if thats the word, took a little work and i tried it first with plaster but that was not a big success for me so i used high tac glue.

and these are with high tac

On top of the window frames i placed insulation 13cm thick PIR plates and on top of that plaster board so it could be given a nice smooth finish and hopefully keep some cold out.

Then monday arrived, and it was finally time for the new floor on top of the floor heating system,
i guess my neighbor was not happy, big truck coming over with generators inside and everything automatically.
5:45 he arrived , did some pre work and 6:45 the engine started, haha sounded like a airplane and then the hose that looked like a big snake that was being attacked.
Here is a video : flickr.com/photos/134761793@N04/shares/ ... res/L9aT2B

Very happy with the result, as it is almost a month ago it is finally slowly drying and i can connect the floor heating,
another "problem" would be using the floor heating since there is a protocol i need to follow with turning the heat up every 24hour 5 degrees more until i reach the water temp off 40 degrees.
Problem is that i do not know how or if this is possible with my earth heat pump system.

I also picked up some stuff for my garage , nice cabinets , and a bigger warehouse shelves to clean my garage.

i bought a lot , had to clean out a room with equipment , in the end the room was a bit bigger then i expected.
resulting in allot of stuff haha.
for example some of these 19" servers and even better a serial port server ;)

and i regret it that i bought microphones to place in my house for VR , i opened a box that has 7 of these mics in it.

serial port server

Bought some wires as well for a little price, as if i did not have enough yet haha.

but probably nobody noticed this lot since i had it for the price of spool :D
i mean the grey signal wires.

needed some lights to replace the older fluorescent tubes which almost do not work anymore in my garage,
found this bargain for 6 € a piece
Already placed some of them and finally there is light :)

Another thing that happened in my home automation that i got running, just a few simple temp/hygro units from oregon scientific.
Suddenly when i arrived the door would not open, this is using a 433mhz remote.
At first i thought it was my own fault since i placed another 433mhz unit from china to turn on the lights or off when i sit in the car in the evening.

Then i also found that all the sensors where offline , in homeseer i could not read any value and luckily i grabbed the right one that caused the problem.
the batteries are empty and then it crashes everything in a certain range working on 433mhz.....
I have been told before about this but didn't knew it would literally turn everything wireless down
Nice if you are having wireless window/door sensors or smoke sensors......

Time to plaster,
the green paint is to get a better bonding between the plaster and the layer where it is coated on.

Helped myself 1 day when i had a day off, it was fun to do but i don't see myself doing this all day every day as a job.
A friend of mine did it without problems and very smooth result.

and here he also hide the big steel support beam that's in my roof, took 13 bags of plaster 25kg each to get the ceiling nice and take out the height difference, very happy with the result.

it looks already very different com compared to before, cant wait till its dry and i can spray everything in color.

And i bought 160m2 of plastic wood look floors, its no PVC but very hard material and waterproof.
It does take some time and you have to take precautions before laying this material since with heat it will expand and retract when cold but keeping some more distance around the walls will do.

More to come ;)
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

There has been a month and a few days passed since the last update but not much electronic updates or HA yet.
Still want to update it to keep my log on a time line.

The pellet stoves arrived, 1 for my dad a smaller one thats 18 or 19 Kw.
Mine is a bit bigger since i want to get some heat in the garage and its still a bit small for the space since its 28Kw and the total amount id like to get on a nice temperature is 2 x +/- 130m2

The plaster was starting to get some mold here and there since the layer is very thick that has gone on the ceiling in the living , so i needed to rent a dryer.
Uses allot of energy, and makes allot of noise as well.
It did help to dry the room in about 5 days.

Because i am going to use a mechanical ventilation system with a heath exchanger in my house, and i like to be able to switch all rooms separate with valves i needed to adjust some things in some rooms that did not have their own ventilation tube.
So this is going between the plaster and the ceiling in the bathroom to refresh the air in the spare room.
took some time since the wall is pretty thick from the house into the garage.

testing how it would look like with some of the new floor parts and i finally took out the protection layer/paper from the floor.
i wanted to use photoshop and edit it in the whole picture but it took me to long since i have not much experience with it, i did manage to color the wall and that helped with choosing the paint color.

Did a little job for someone on the co2 laser, must say i like the idea he came up with as a menu card holder.
i only engraved the logo on them.

Then my package arrived from China, the Fiber laser engraver i ordered and the cnc milling machine.
i managed to get it inside and it was a bit of work since i was alone.

Could not resist to open up the smallest crate ;)

Back to the house, the bedroom is finished with plastering and i placed the drying machine in it as well.

Needed to make some space, and started to build some storage racks that i bought on a auction.
here i discovered that the floor is not level ?!
Ive got more but need to build them , it has been a very busy week with all the preparations i needed to make for spraying the walls/ceiling etc with paint.

started to mask the pieces that needed to stay clean.
here i was ready for the first layer of white paint.
and the paint is on , did it on a friday night and started saturday morning at 7 again for the final layers.
forgot to make a picture when i was done but here it is with 1 colored wall.

There are some spots that need some attention because there is still a small scratch or dust particle in/on the wall.
So somewhere in the coming days ill try to redo this and try to spray the bedroom so i can get things settled there and move my bed in.

That's it for now, sorry no tech stuff yet.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

So things are still going here , been more then a month that ive updated the thread.
Been at work in the weekends and nights last few weeks, and very long days/nights but a nice experience to see and do for once and a amazing view in the night at about 75 / 80 Meters height.
if you look closely to the last picture you can see a fire , that's the KFC burning in Zaandam.

Still did manage to do some stuff at home.
This is the floor i had already bought and started to place this in the living room.
But since my tiles are not level enough this started to give problems and i thought the color was a bit to light with my walls.
So i decided to leave this out for now, i do not want to invest more money to use a thin concrete layer to make it flat enough and then grind it till its totally smooth.
I want to finish my home and live in it so this will be sold on marktplaats or ebay.

Went a bit further with the garage to get this cleaned up.
Then later i thought i'd place some wood on top of it to make a sort of attic :)
got to use all the space i have, and i left some space between the walls and the racks since i am going to use 10cm thick insulation to get it a bit more warm in winters.
Need some light of course ;)

The LED spots i am going to use where aluminum at first so i decided to spray them white.
They came out quite nice i must say.
the only thing that lasts me to do is lasercut some milk tinted glass to spread the light a bit more instead of the arches on the wall.

Same with the white leds along the wall, i am thinking of placing a milk tinted part in front of it to break the light in the corners and to let it spread less over the wall.
Also placed the white pvc strips to cover up the cable holder that was otherwise visible when standing in the room looking in to the cove.

The last rooms where plastered
The last pink wall am i going to plaster tomorrow morning at 7.00 so that's finally all done

Needed to make another hole for the fresh air in the house with the heat exchange unit

The heathpump and solar water heating kit was brought also last week ;)

That's it for now.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

it's been a while again, can't wait to start connection home automation stuff but its not the time yet.
To much preparation before i really can start with it.
except the lights that are partially finished.

I finished my "storage room" with the led lights and also and started to fill it up.

all of this went in there ;)

and finally i have some space left again ;)

Also very happy with the new van i bought for my little business :D

But this is another project , to build the right storage compartments in the back and so on. something i could not really use with all the things i am already doing.
So till this day i am still driving with a "empty van"

The whole house is finally painted , well there are some walls that i am going to give another color but that's for another time.

needed to break away the stairs to my 1st garage floor because i need to use this space to get the pellet stove and heath-pump , fiber laser up there with a small lift.

More to come but its time for bed.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

So here is part 2.

Since i needed to replace my roof i ordered some roofing materials.
quite allot for just the roof of my house, need to do the rest ( garage) later and that's double the size :shock:
had to lift all of them since they where dropped of flat but this will give problems since they become triangular shape instead of round.
So lifting 40 pieces again, weighing about 25 to 40 kgs...

Then the weekend later we started, luckily i did a small job, installing a alarm system for this customer and i did not charge him for it since i felt bad for him ( got robbed the day before , many expensive tools where stolen from his temp garage)
But i needed a truck with a crane or something and this was no problem, i could borrow his truck and he even got rid of my old roofing for just 100 € and it was still about 900kgs and allot of plastic insulation.
we took it off at Friday, started at 19.00 and where done at 23.00 still allot of work but we managed.
some places it looked like they threw a bucket full of glue beneath the insulation...

Saturday morning we started at 6.00 and quit at 23.00 . another long day but we where pretty far with everything.
another friend of mine offered to help me and finish the paint part in my house ;)

Then Sunday we started at 6.30 and we needed to end at about 14.30 since the temperature on the roof was much to high and we almost did not need the burner anymore to get it stick on the base layer.
Way to hot to walk there and on the roofing itself.
but we almost finished the whole roof except the standing layers on the side of the building.

Last Saturday we finished the first roof, the insulation value is 6.5 RC a bit higher when the concrete is calculated with the PIR and XPS.
still took all morning , also since it was raining at first.
but its looking great again.

Very happy , also thanks to my friends that helped me allot.

I borrowed a lift from a company that i work for from time to time to lift my heath-pump and pellet-stove , fiber laser to the 1st floor of the garage.

I also needed some more holes in the wall from the 1st floor of the garage for the air circulation system and wanted a door to enter my storage and laser engraving room.
The walls are very hard even only being some from some sort of concrete.
I could use this machine to saw some holes and a door in the wall :D
<------- AUDIO ALERT, turn it down haha

a few days later after work i started to break the old wall down for the door.
took about 16 minutes , pretty heavy with that machine since it weighs about 20kgs.

resulting in this.

the wall downstairs i could open up very easy with a recipro saw, this wall was 15cm thick and allot stronger....
started to drill holes and hit it but it did not do much.

Today i borrowed again the sawing machine since it was otherwise to much trouble and damage when using the electric break hammer.

Next step is installing the air system with heath exchanger.
This has allot of nice options, could be controlled by RF but i am not sure if the codes are already cracked.
There is a pcb on top of the machine that says 0-10v and more nice options that i am going to control by a arduino with homeseer.

Thats it for now, more to come ;)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

The youtube video`s are not working :cry:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Thanks for mentioning, I just changed the settings and they should work now.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

vincenttor wrote:Thanks for mentioning, I just changed the settings and they should work now.
Yes, they are working however i`m missing this tune :D
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

not sure they use these tools there ;)
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

They do behind the screens. How else do you think they do all that work in 30 minutes. 8)
Bram
Cybersijp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Cybersijp »

I was wondering how it all went . Been some time since the last update , since i had come by through some mentioning @tweakers (i guess, could be wrong ) every once in a while ill check if there was an update to mention.

Keep it up, really inspiring to see !
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Thanks ;)
spoke to you on Tweakers board already .
So there has been some time passed, i have been busy working and building in my home.
Not always going great, there have been and still are some downsides.
Especially with hiring "professional" people to take some work off my hands, that resulted in 10 x more work and stress with hiring a advocate etc etc.

So if im not mistaking here is where i left.
I needed to bring the air/water heathpump upstairs , pelletstove, and the rest of the heating/cooling equipment.
borrowd a "kanalen lift" to get it up but it was a bit exciting since it can handle 300kg.
When we brought the pelletstove upstairs the noises it made where not nice to hear :roll:

Also in the mean time someone crashed into my van when standing still for a few minutes already.

Great , it was brand new , about 4000km on the clock.

Made a "plenum box" from hdpe for the heath exchanger ventilation system.

Made a drawing in sweethome 3d to see what i could do with the measurements.

I also had a great idea to keep a little stairs in the garage, since there is coming a lift i wanted to keep something to run upstairs instead of using the lift everytime.
So i cut the old stairs in half and it works actually better then expected.

Also went to one of my tile selling neighbors in the street and chose these ceramic tiles with wood look.
Plans where to lay them in myself in the 2 week holiday i took.
But i started with my toilet/shower/bathroom for my garage and heating and cooling system first that took a but longer then i wanted so no tiling yet.

needed to move the sewer for the toilet and make some other connections for the shower and the sink,
since the parts are to big and i wanted to save height i welded the pvc parts so they are shorter.
resulting in this pvc spider ;)

time for the water connections, used Polypropylene plastic and made the frame for the floor.

used some osb wood and "betonplex" to get it more sturdy when you would walk on it.

Wanted to make my own shower/sewer water heat exchanger but i bought it from marktplaats since it was pretty cheap.

Later that week the pallet arrived with tiles for my 1st floor.

Also the ventilation tubes arrived and i started moving/building the system
the silver flexible tube is temporarily and is a sound dampening tube

A friend of mine came over to drill some holes because the concrete is to hard to do it myself and would take to long, 8 holes only costed me 50 euros.
hole for the ventilation in my garage bathroom

Later that week i drove to somewhere in brabant to pick up a lift for my garage.
luckily they used it for the same purpose so they had rebuild it already.

Started to install the shower/sewer heatexchanger

Then in the last weekend of the holiday i decided to build something in my van to put some tools in it.
quite happy with it, made some sliders from hdpe plastic so it would move easily.
and not to forget , some audio for the long trips ;)
when i have a dent, probably i can push it out with this subwoofer ;)

Somewhere later that week i welded from PP plastic a header for every water connection in my house.
with in mind when i switch over to collected rain water for the toilets and probably other things later on.
and started to connect some pipes

My dad found a advertisement on marktplaats, selling cheap radiators that supported low water temperature ( 30/40 degrees LTV) specially designed for heath pump systems and so on.
These have also computer fans installed in them that can heat or cool down a room much faster.
Since i have the possibility to cool with my system this will be a cheap airco system in the summer.
The buffertank also arrived from stiebel eltron as you can see in the background. (600l Wsol 601 el or something is the name)

So here it is, the drawing i made to see if it would fit what i planned to do.

And the black thing on the ground is a HDPE plastic plate that i am welding into a big drip tray.

Here you see the pellet stove placed

needed to lift something to the first floor again, this time the buffer tank and i placed a big wooden beam between the steel supports.
terrible job with just 2 stairs..

time again for my garage bathroom.

I must add this was my first time, took probably longer then i would have thought but i was quite happy it was finally finished :D

Because of this i thought , hmmm, if i have to put the floor tiles on the floor upstairs this will take me 2 weeks.
I will hire someone that has experience and does it in a few days.
This was the worst thing i have done, asked to keep the walls clean , since they were already painted.
Aswer was that it was no problem they would do it etc etc no protection needed nothing, they have 25 years or experience .
I tried to look them up on there phone number names , everything i could find to see a bad review.
Only thing i noticed where pretty nice results on pictures.
So i thought, whats the worst thing that could happen , they asked even 200 € more to finish the job then a local tiler.
Since the local tilers was to busy and thought lets do it.

First thing was, hmm oke looks good when i arrived home and i went to the neighbors.
That evening i came home and switched on the lights.
Walls dented, gray spots , cement spots , ruined.
i confronted him and he said it was my fault, i should have know this could happen and later he denied he worked there.
Asked to solve this normally but he was insured and told his insurance the same story that he didnt do it.

Another thing that happened is that the way he glued the tiles on the floor was not correct, we spoke about keeping space between the walls since the tiles "shrink/expand" and otherwise they will break or pop out.
And the tiles since the size needed to be glued with a butting and floating technique , in short, put glue on the floor, and glue on the back of the tile.
This information is on the back of the cement readable and he knew the glue , very good material etc etc.
about 13 hours later i could take some tiles out of the glue bed with 2 fingers.
it was late that evening and to prevent more damage i took out the part he put on the floor, cleaned the tiles and wrote that night an email what he was thinking and why he did not do it like it should be applied.

This happened about 1.5 months ago now, i gave him a 2 week period to do it the right way and i will pay them.
No answer , only from his insurance that says they can't talk to me directly and they will handle the case :roll:

Lucky me that i installed a camera with audio, recording the stairs, he came to my house and did not notice the stickers on my front door that say there are audio and video recordings in the building.
on this video he was trying to "repair" the walls with a scotch bright sponge , but the insurance company said that their client told him that he never worked there or have touched the wall.
I said i have a video recording as proof with audio, but i was a bit withholding to send it right away and i first let a advocate look into it .
Privacy rules and all, it could be a fine for about 16.000€ in worst case or jail time,
but last week i got the green light and in my case it was oke to use as proof.
Today haha i received an email from Unive, they said, we discussed with our client and decided to pay the repair costs +/- 700€
First thing that came in mind, sure, what else can you say if your client is busy repairing walls with a scotch bright haha.

Getting information everywhere from glue manufacturers for the right way to apply , and what if its not applied as described what will happen.
So going to court with it to get the other costs back.

Anyway thats that, instead of 10 steps forward i went 10 back, allot of trouble and shit on the phone email money etc.
I decided to put the tiles in myself, boy that's some work and killing for your lower back.
Another thing is that the tiles are not rectified i found out last saturday when bringing a tile to another store to get some "voegmiddel" Grout in the tile color.

i Told the store that i had big problems and difference in tiles, some where not straight and so on.
He said they are not rectified......
Thats great , my tile selling neighbor sold me this pallet as rectified tiles.
No wonder i could not get them aligned with a 2 mm joint?

So this is the next part i contacted the seller about, no answer .
I said to them nicely that i felt screwed around ? in the maling genomen.
Since the total price was about 3300 € its not that i bought a b product or something...

Problems problems and more problems.
Well enough talk, here some pics of my work.

Back to the garage bathroom, time to "finish" it

temporarily connection on the air /water heathpump so i could take a shower and have hot water when changing my other system.

There is a bit more but its time for bed again.
hope your internet connection won't crash or browser haha.
Last edited by vincenttor on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”