Somfy IO lighting variation 10v control of ventilation unit

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
WDPE
Starting Member
Starting Member

Somfy IO lighting variation 10v control of ventilation unit

Post by WDPE »

I have a creative project with Somfy, about which I would like to ask for your insights.

Situation: I have:
- a central ventilation system Brink Flair 325 plus with 10 volt control input;
- somfy tahoma
- somfy lighting variation

The Lighting Variation is intended to dim LED lighting, by means of a 10 volt control. Now I would like to use this mechanism to control the flow rate of my ventilation. This is because I already have the Tahoma for the shutters. This post is therefore not about alternative solutions, only about the feasibility of my project.

The Lighting variation has 3 cables: one power (input), one power output 230v for the LED dimmer (which can be switched by the adapter, 0 or 1) and one cable for the 1-10v control of the dimmer. I connect the latter cable to the 10v control input of my ventilation system.

The problem is ... this isn't working right now. The ventilation unit does not respond when I turn the Lighting Variation brighter or less bright. Somfy tech support says flatly (and not wrongly) that this article is only for LED lighting, and therefore does not want to think along about what is wrong. I have not measured any results with a voltage meter when I change the setting of the adapter -> possibly defective unit.

Does anyone have experience with the Lighting Variation, and can I confirm that my line of thinking does make sense? (or not)

Return to “Home Automation Projects”