Washing machine / tumble dryer ready

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
AshaiRey

Re: Washing machine / tumble dryer ready

Post by AshaiRey »

ZMDK wrote:I'm new to this (started my first preparations a week ago), so excuse me if i'm wrong.

Isn't easier to connect the status led to a 0-10v input of your system or if you don't have a led like my washing machine, you can connect it to the door-lock mechanisme (with or without extra relay) to a binairy input?

For a clean install you can install a plug/connector (RJ45, RJ11, screw contacts,...) on the back of your machine.
Yes, that would be all nicer and cleaner. But for me this counted too.
- The devices are still under waranty
- If i replace them i need to do the excersies all over again.
- Portability
- The LED turned out to be a bulb at 220V
- I don't have a 0-10V input on my system
- It had to be wireless due to the previous remark.
Bram
123unlock

Post by 123unlock »

I had the same issue with the washing machine and dryer, never knew when the job was ready

i toke a different way, and placed 2 z-wave power meters in between, then just sit down in the bathroom and follow the power usage during the program. Both powermeters are reporting to my home-made automation, and when the device is ready an event is triggered to send an direct push message over to our cellphones :) (or display a popup on the setupbox when the tv is switched on)

this way we know:
- how many power is consumed
- when the device started, and is ready
- make a 90% guess of the current state of the device

and most imporant is we have no additional wires, or sensorts sticked to the machine
as we have 2 little kids who love everything with a wire or a switch :)
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Using (z-wave) power meters in between would have been my first option to if the price of them wasn't that high. btw, i need to buy a z wave controller too for this to work
2 little kids who love everything with a wire or a switch
A very good point to think of. Good work!
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

What Z-Wave devices are u using ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Bram
123unlock

Post by 123unlock »

yes I used the AN158-2 from Everspring, they can handle up to 3000+ watt
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

123unlock wrote:yes I used the AN158-2 from Everspring, they can handle up to 3000+ watt
But they do not power-on after a powerfail (last state). Therefore i used the Nuon E-Manager Single socket but they also seem to be unstable and do not send usage reports to the z-wave network.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
jimsun
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jimsun »

So far the relays them selves have not failed (touch wood) but the solder joints did not look good and one had completely failed. Still good to know they are available should they fail. I reckon we use the machine every couple of days so I suppose some of them at least get a lot of use.

Regards,

Ken.
olof

Post by olof »

Another z-wave power meter is the Fibaro wall plug. I do not have it myself (yet), but it does have 2 advantages over the everspring:

1. Automatic Power-on after power failure
2. Smaller size, nicer design

Now whether this is worth paying an extra Eur 20,- over the everspring (for a total of eur 65,-) is of course a personal decision.

Cheers,
Olof
bengt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bengt »

Bwired wrote:I have been busy with this also, years back :)
- check the status of a led or sound (buzzer) to check if job is done.

For me the buzzer would be the best and option, of course i like the arduino one better :-)
I recently bought a Siemens WM16Y791DN. It's located in the laundry room, and I can't hear when it's ready when I'm in the house. Sometimes I forget it for hours, or even days. :-D It doesn't seem to have any kind of ports etc. It only gives off a long beep when it's done.

My challenge is that I would like to detect when it's finished with my RFXtrx433 connected to a Raspberry Pi, so my Domoticz running on it could send a notification to my iPad/Android device(s). I was wondering if anyone would have a smart suggestion for a solution for this... I have followed the thread discussions, and I think the cleanest solution for my part would be the buzzer/beep detection.

I haven't built many electronics solutions myself (yet), so I'm not very familiar with how to construct cirtuits etc. (I have built a computer and an electric organ though, but those were both kits so I didn't have to do any design of my own...) So if someone is electronics savvy here and has a suggestion for a solution, I'd be very happy to hear it - preferably on a level which I could understand ;-)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I just re-found this topic because i just hit this issue again when sensing my suction hood

I replaced my Plugwise module with a AN-158 because the plugwise module was out of reach of the plugwise network several times a day and the z-wave module never had this issue. Now i created two events with conditions but they are not working the module is flapping (which will kill the module)

How can i fix this ?

- Event 1 is running every 2 minutes (and fires up Event2 and Event3)
- Event 2 is running manual with a condition (Device: Beganegrond Woonkamer Child 36 Electric Meter Watts Virtual value is in the range 4500...45000)
- Event 3 is running manual with a condition (Device: Beganegrond Woonkamer Child 36 Electric Meter Watts Virtual value is in the range 0...3000)

Result is klikklikklikderklikklikklikklikklikklikderklikklikklikklikklikklikderklikklikklikklikklikklikderklikklikklikklikklikklikderklikklikklik

Note: The device i`m looking at is a virtal device of the actual AN-158 with the same device id, to fix a HS2 bug
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

I don't know exactly what you want to accomplish here but i guessing that you are monitoring watt usage and trigger upon this.

Make a virtual status device
Make an event that trigger when power usage is between 0-3000 for atleast x minutes (i suggest 2 minute) and turn the virtual device off
Make an event that trigger when power usage is between 4500-45000 for atleast x minutes (i suggest 1 minute) and turn the virtual device on
Use the state of the virtual device for giving alarms and such
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

That exactly what i`m trying but something goes wrong, and therefore the actual device is flapping
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

That exactly what i`m trying but something goes wrong, and therefore the actual device is flapping
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Did you use the 'for atleast' option?
Bram

Return to “Home Automation Projects”