RGB Led-bar

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Digit »

For displaying more pages, look at the schedule-command:
<TA>00010100009912312359ABC, or something like that, will display pages A,B and C. [:I]

1 other thing: you're using the wrong checksum routine. It's starting with 0x35. That should be 0, once you know what part of the string to calculate the checksum with. Check this topic.

1 more thing: give the LED-bar a real ID, <> 0 and stop broadcasting. That way the LED-bar will give an ACK back so you know it understood your command (doesn't mean it will execute it, though[:)]). Just follow the manual.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

Hmm, yes i was to eager.. changed the id numer and i'll update the schedule too. Icon graphics are hard to find though..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Digit »

Good luck and.. cheers![:D]
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

If your using linux and you want a nice check to see if its connected (overkill though, but i was playing around with some google hits) you can use this script.

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] check.txt<br />1.57 KB

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Digit</i>
<br />For displaying more pages, look at the schedule-command:
<TA>00010100009912312359ABC, or something like that, will display pages A,B and C. [:I]

1 other thing: you're using the wrong checksum routine. It's starting with 0x35. That should be 0, once you know what part of the string to calculate the checksum with. Check this topic.

1 more thing: give the LED-bar a real ID, <> 0 and stop broadcasting. That way the LED-bar will give an ACK back so you know it understood your command (doesn't mean it will execute it, though[:)]). Just follow the manual.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Als het niet kapot is, niet repareren!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

empty text jfn?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

You are right!

Somewhere during editing I lost the answer I was typing. I cannot remember what I was writing so it is going to stay empty I am afraid. It had to do something with perl programming though.

I intend to modify my script for controlling the led-bar. Rewrite the way I calculate the checksum, add realtime information (Like displaying my weight when I step on the weight-scale).

For now I am trying to improve my perl programming skills. I am looking more deeply into regular expressions. I am familiar with the basic stuff, but the more advanced stuff (Like reading lines from a logfile and storing only the data I need in an array) is something I am still working on.

Just for fun: Have a look at the attached perl script. I based it on perl code I found on the internet. It gives you an idea how not to program in perl [:D].

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] sample.pl.txt<br />1.7 KB

Als het niet kapot is, niet repareren!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

Look at docs _dot_ binkey _dot_ nl (dont want google to find it) bunch of oreilly books online + a lot of them offline, including some perl too.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

I updated the script that I use to drive the ledbar.

Among some other things I added the option for a 'Message of The Day' (which is stored in a database).

RSS feeds are no longer fetched through wget, but directly from the script itself.

The ledbar is still very picky as to how you feed it data. There is no handshake mechanism implemented. This script is trying to do a better job than my previous script (and it seems to work ...)

<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] ledbar.pl.txt<br />5.55 KB

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

Nice, i'll try it out ;-) only need to update the time on it its still on old time (-1 hour) but i dont want to connect it to a windows pc etc etc.. hehe.. lazy..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

The code needs some cleaning-up, but it works and things that work do not need to be repaired ...

Als het niet gerepareerd kan worden dan is het niet kapot!
easyjo
Starting Member
Starting Member

RGB Led-bar

Post by easyjo »

I recently bought a similar display, the Skytronic 120*7 pixel version, and managed to sniff the packets and work out the syntax to send text.

I'm currently displaying rss feeds, and also stock market data but would also like to display automatically generated images....

I checked over the protocol specs you attached, thanks for those!

Although I can't seem to figure them out, it says the graphics are comprised of 4 x 8*8 blocks, surely that means it would be 32 pixels wide, not 120 pixels?

This is an example of a 120*7 pixel image sent to the device:
http://www.nomorepasting.com/getpaste.php?pasteid=15566

I've got no idea how it can store 840 pixels within that data.

Any thoughts?
has anyone completed this?
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

For those of you seeking how to display Squeezebox song-info on the ledbar, check-out the following message: http://forum.wifisound.nl/viewtopic.php?t=1515 (Dutch).

After some quick-and-dirty programming song info from my Squeezebox BOOM is now displayed on the ledbar.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

RGB Led-bar

Post by Snelvuur »

looks good, so you have a updated version of your script then? I mean i always want to try out stuff, dont know if i have the time but at least i have it then :) i still have the ledbar..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Jfn

RGB Led-bar

Post by Jfn »

Install the plugin and replace the file Plugin.pm with the one attached to this message.

After that, edit the file! It defaults to programming the requested info onto page A (line 643) using device /dev/ttyUSB0 (line 590).

Do not forget to enable logging of played songs. No logging means no output.

I just copied the subroutine that starts on line 502 and updated it with some extra code, added the CRC-calculation routine and the serial-port routine and I was done. I could probaby have used much less code, but this works, why bother ...

domoticaforum.eu/uploaded/Jfn/200921520 ... Plugin.zip

Return to “Home Automation Projects”