Noise from UPS and Home Theater

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
fabian

Re: Noise from UPS and Home Theater

Post by fabian »

Maybe these are sill available 2x SFX40 http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 26&start=0

Are there any known differences between FM10 filters and Elechomica's S10 5amp micro filter ?
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Thanks! Hopefully they are still available!

And I don't know the difference between a FM10 and the ElekHomica filter. But 5A is not enough for my application.
fbrighi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fbrighi »

Hello, i resume this post hoping someone can help me. I have same problem of X10 signals attenuation near an APC Ups (Back UPS BR1200LCDI).
Is it safe to use the AFX3 filter (or other similar) with APC Ups? APC is suggesting not to use (because they recommend to plug it direct to wall without any intermediate device), Haibrain says no harm to Ups can occur.

What are your experiences? I would not to damage any ups or device attached to it.

Thank you very much for your help,

BR

Federico
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

1200VA is 5A at 240volt. Make sure the filter can handle the load (preferably a bit more that 5A).
fbrighi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fbrighi »

Hello, thanks for answer. AFX3 can handle load until 16A, so i would assume it is not a problem.
My only concern was that this type of filter could lead to damage the Ups and/or devices connected to it.

Federico
Peterpc

Post by Peterpc »

I have tested an UPS with X10 in the past and it really kills you impedance.
I needed 3 x AFX3 to get back my X10 signal at a good level.
Peter
http://www.pcgsm.nl/
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

I have used an SFX40 for my UPS with great success in the past, however that is not a simple plugin filter...
fbrighi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fbrighi »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm waiting for a AFX3, already have 2xFM10. In my case the interference is not always present, using x10 transmitter to a far power inlet then ups, and switching on in certain order ups devices, x10 is working. But it is enough minor deviations in powerline, that micromodules are not responding anymore.

If i not solve with AFX3, i will revert to SFX40...not proper plug in, but should not be difficoult to wire it to the ups wall power.

Federico

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”