HCB xanura: install or not?

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
solubel
Starting Member
Starting Member

HCB xanura: install or not?

Post by solubel »

New at this forum. I have been a X10 user for quite some time now. I have about 20 different modules on the first floor.

Recently i have bought a whole package of used x10 units (including the easytouch panel i really wanted)
Included in the package is a HCB from Xanura. Does it still pays off to install this one? ( i have the CM15pro as a "control unit" now)

As i understand the support behind xanura is completey gone..

If i decide to install it do i gain any functionality?
Last edited by solubel on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: HCB xanura: install or not?

Post by Bwired »

HCB is very old indeed, i was the first Beta tester a very long time ago :)
also you probably dont know what firmware and how old ....
You could try it out and see what it does....
BTW Member Henk is an HCB expert
solubel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by solubel »

Thanks for the quick reply!

i'm going to pick up the components next week: then i can check the firmware version and check what it does..
Hopefully Henk also gives his opinion on wether it's usefull to invest time in the HCB.. :)
Henk

Post by Henk »

........................here is Henk,

I'm still running the HCB and so far (after ten years) it is a reliable controller and providing the righth services.

The latest software is release 1.6-1026 / Indeed there is no support for this device it stopped about 5 years ago.

The HCB has more functionality as the CM15 in setting up macros (timers, conditional test) also Email support and remote control. It has 8 input/output channels and supporting Visonic devices (motion,smoke sensor) but it requires a RFXcom USB controller.

You can install the HCB besides your CM15 and my advice will be to try it - getting more experience on home controllers and it will be fun.

Henk
solubel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by solubel »

Hi Henk!!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the HCB unit! I will definitely have a go at installing the unit after reading this!

I already found some documents (intallation manual and additional tutorial) so enough reading material for a few days :)
In the very near future i have to rearrange the fuse box anyway. Keep you posted and thanks for your info!!
solubel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by solubel »

Installed the HCB a few days ago: works flawlessly and stable :) Setting up the macro's is a piece of cake!

It's running software version 1.6.0-125 and the box is from 2007

@henk: you wrote the email support and webcontol is still available (without the xanura servers).. tried different settings but i'm not able to get eccess outside the service port on the front.. Do you have any idea how to set the box up?

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”