uwhuisveilig.nl / Oasis / Securitas

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
wwolkers

uwhuisveilig.nl / Oasis / Securitas

Post by wwolkers »

I just had a salesperson at the door from uwhuisveilig.nl, trying to sell the Oasis alarm system.

He actually made it inside, since my GF opened the door, and was interested, so she made an appointment for 6pm when I'd be home. (Well trained, no strange people in the house when you're alone! :) )

Well, the are doing an offer at the moment with an alarm system, which you get free if you take a subscription with the for 5 years.
Also, you have to pay the installation costs (229,-) and the setup fee (99,-) , total of 328,-
The alarm system is connected to the Securitas emergency call centre, and it's NCP certified, whatever that may be.
The subscription is 0,98 per day (29,95/month) for the connection to the Securitas emergency call centre.
This does give some extra's (they call the police for you if needed, and the police tends to react a lot easier and quicker if the call comes from Securitas, since it's verified already.

The system which they offer by default is 433 MHz, and one-way.
After asking some more, they also have an 'advanced' system, Oasis, which is 868 MHz, and 2way. This system also has an USB interface and software for 33 euro!

They do have all the options on their website for the Oasis system, and you can even buy all the stuff separate.

Does anyone have any experience with the Oasis system? Or happen to know who the manufacturer is?

edit: I've been browsing, it's made by Jablotron
http://www.jablotron.com/ and http://www.jablotron.info/
Last edited by wwolkers on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: uwhuisveilig.nl / Oasis / Securitas

Post by Esteban »

I'm not familiar with them, but I sure as hell wouldn't commit to a 5-year contract without knowing a lot more about this company and its service/track-record. Especially not from a door-to-door salesman... :wink:

Just my 2 cents
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

The best alarm system is the one installed by yourself ! no strange people knowing your codes, you lifestyle ecc. ecc.
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

5 years @ 0,98 a day = €1788
plus 328 installation costs.

Need I say more?
**Jeroen**
Henk

Post by Henk »

A professional alarm installation should by installed by licensed installers and a BORG certificate should be issued. In most case this type of alarm will be demanded by the Insurance company and applied for luxury houses with valuables. I don’t know your situation but you may consider to spend the money on others items like:

Increasing the physical security – upgrading locks and hang/sluitwerk …
Installing good quality fault (kluis)
Raising your Insurance fee and getting more coverage …
Installing your own alarmsystem with even more functions and increasing the effectiveness

At least dont get a 5 year contract …. too long .. also you are not allowed to touch the system by integrating it in your domotica system. . Also you may be forced to have a dedicated physical telephone line and not using an Internet telephone/voice connections…

In case of an alarm the alarmdesk (like Securitas) will start calling the list of contact persons you supplied and it is up to them what kind of action will be taken. It is unlikely they will call the local police. If they call the police , the local police may not react because of the high number of false alarms. Of course the salesman will suggest this possibility.

So calling the list of persons you can do it with your own alarmsystem (without paying a monthly fee) - and may be even adding SMS or Email messages. By Internet your contacts or yourself may even check the IP cameras installed in your house. With the available alarm products on the market you can create more effective systems than the classical alarmcentrale …. Of course they will offer additional services but it will turn out very costly.

Base on my recent experiences try to involve your local neighbors by setting up a local social alarmsystem. The benefit is that your neighbors can act within 1-2 minutes and can be very effective better than any alarmcentrale or even police.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

When we bought this house it had a alarm installation installed by a certified installation company and was monitored by Securitas. They indeed do not call the police but a list of of specified persons. The system was locked and could not be extended or accessed without the help of the installer. For this reason I replaced the system with a Visonic one and replaced Securitas by list of numbers that gets called directly by the Visonic. The Visonic also sends SMS messages. I have this installation for a couple of years now and are very pleased with it. During the years I extended the system with additional sensors and justbordered the powerlink2 module. In other words I would not recommend to take a subscription to an alarm monitoring service but instead do it youself.
Rene.

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”