Alarm versus connection to domotica

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
jnathalia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Alarm versus connection to domotica

Post by jnathalia »

I have an old Galaxy 16+ alarm system based on an ISDN connection to PAC. As I want to replace ISDN with IP I started to look for an PSTN to IP convertor. However when searching I came to the conclusion it is possibly 'cheaper' to replace my entire alarm system and I hope some of you can share your experiences.

What am I looking for?
An alarm system where my current infrastructure (wired PIR's etc) can be re-used in conjunction with a domotica connection. So for instance using the detection of my PIR's to switch on the lights etc.

What is the direction I want to go into?
Alarm:
I found Aritech and Networx 8E-plus. The Networx is probably the best as this has the best connection with domotica (how??), please comment.

Domotica:
I started with Control4, but probably the system of MiCaseVerde with Vera based on Z-wave is probably much cheaper...

So what I want to achieve is the following:
- Alarm based on IP to PAC
- Use of detection of PIR to control light, pumps (warm water circuit), boiling water etc
- scenario programming when on vacation
- No advanced domotica, but if it allows me I wouldn't say no...
- No streaming of video/audio as I have this already via squeezebox and NAS, but if it can be integrated: fine
- IP CAM's not necessary as I already have this via NAS (Synology), but if it can be integrated: fine
- Alarm min 12 zones (wired), possibly in the future wireless for smoke detectors and other extensions etc
- Perfect integration between alarm and domotica (I know there could be some delay as the PIR is maybe not reacting instantly
- it doesn't have to be necessarily cheap
- I have rack available for installation if necessary

If anybody can help me with some suggestions or practices please share.

thanx a lot in advance.
uAlex73

Re: Alarm versus connection to domotica

Post by uAlex73 »

Alarmsystems and domotica are an interesting combination. Normally if the alarmsystem has connectivity, the protocol isn't described/open.

If you want to go for a alarmsystem which is supported by a domotica system, and you living in Europe, i would recommend Visonic PowerMax/PowerMaster. In the Visonic topic of this forum you can find that has been made much progress with protocol decoding and connectivity to system. Vera supports Visonic PowerMax out-of-the-box and very soon DomotiGa will support PowerMax/PowerMaster (we finally got an unit and are decoding, testing and writing the code for it now).
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”