RFXmeter for measuring waterusage

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

abl

RFXmeter for measuring waterusage

Post by abl »

Since a short while, I'm the owner of a RFXmeter with three modules (thanks Bert for helping me out). I've succeeded to calibrate the gasusage and to link it to Homeseer.
To measure my waterusage I apparantly need a reed-relais. I've got the same PIDPA watermeter as depicted on this website: http://www.domoticaworld.com/projects/monitor-water/. Could someone help me as to which reed-relais I should buy and how I should connect this physically to the watermeter as well as to the rfxmeter?
Last edited by abl on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincenttor

Re: RFXmeter meten waterverbruik

Post by vincenttor »

ill pm it. didnt pay attention it was in english
Last edited by vincenttor on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abl

Re: RFXmeter for measuring waterusage

Post by abl »

Thanks Vincent for giving me some background. Would this Conrad reed relais be what I need?

conrad.be/ce/nl/product/502036/PIC-PRX1 ... -50-mA-1-W
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Thats to expensive.

How fast do you want this sensor, do you have the patience to wait 1 - 3 maybe 4 weeks ?
and its even cheaper when you buy like in the url you gave a Klik aan klik uit deur sensor.

That contains a small glass tube reed switch that should also work.
here you have some cheaper ones, not sure if you need NO or NC but i think its NO.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Differen ... 02038.html
Also on ebay you can find these and others.
abl

Post by abl »

As with all gadgets, preferably yesterday :-)
Besides the price, would the conrad reed relay be the right one (as it is already finished for my type of electronics knowledge)...
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

i think it should work yes but its a expensive gamble , t be 100% sure you can better ask Bert for confirmation but i'd say yes it should do the trick.
abl

Post by abl »

Thanks for your help.
Needed to order several things at Conrad, so thought would give it a try.
abl

Post by abl »

I received the Reed Relay today but wonder how I should connect this to the jack plug. There is a blue and a yellow wire on the relay and if I read the manual of RFXcom I should connect these to pin 2 and 3 of the jack plug. Some questions I have:
- Should these be soldered or can I just wire these?
- To what connectors on the jack plug should these be linked?
Mai Pensato
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mai Pensato »

Recently I could buy a second hand RFXmeter with RFXpulse and a reflective-optical sensor. Goal is to read out my water meter which is a Itron Aquadis+ with a spinning wheel that is partly red and partly silvergrey. After some trial and error: placing the sensor on the right place and taping it very well and playing with the potentiometers P! and P2 on the RFXpuls I have got it working. Although there is a slight difference between the liters/pulses via the RFXmeter compared to the Itron meter itself. The RFX gives approximately 1% too much liters. This is after monitoring this very close for a week.
Is it possible to get this better, if yes: how ?? Has anyone got this working reliable over a long period of time?

Alternative solution is to use a "Cyble sensor"" that is made for the Itron Aquadis meter. But this sensor cost 70-80 EUR. Anyone experience with this sensor ? Does this work 100% reliable ?

Any advice on getting more reliable measurements is very welcome !

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”