ceiling fan and RFXCOM

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

binkiem

ceiling fan and RFXCOM

Post by binkiem »

Does someone have experience with a remote controlled ceiling fan which can be controlled by RFXCOM?
AshaiRey

Re: ceiling fan and RFXCOM

Post by AshaiRey »

I use this one.
http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/product_detail.asp?id=20

You need 'aansluiting potentiaalvrij' otherwise the motor will start humming
Bram
binkiem

Post by binkiem »

that is not what i asked. There are ceilingfan's with remotes on the market. I would like to control that fan via a homeseer via the controls like the remote does. Thus via a rfxcom sender. My question was. Does some have a ceiling fan, which can be controlled by a rfxcom receiver.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Most ceiling fans, like the one I have, have an IR based remote control and not a RF based one. Even if a ceiling fan has an RF one, it is not supported by RFXCom. For the IR ones you could use irtrans to control it via, for instance, Homeseer.
Rene.
funnyceline
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by funnyceline »

Most gadgets and home appliance are using IR remote controls. You might try to search some IR compatibility issues about ceiling fans.
Archi6758
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Archi6758 »

Not sure if RFXCom has been updated to do that.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Archi6758 wrote:Not sure if RFXCom has been updated to do that.
You are replying to a thread that has been quiet for the last 10 years. Not sure if all posters here are even alive anymore ...
Spoon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Spoon »

Hi,

I've got a Lucci Air ceiling fan. Last year I controlled it by sending a HTTP Get from Homey to my NAS with Domoticz and a RFXCom attached. Worked perfectly until I swapped a drive in my NAS and uninstalled Domoticz.

I'm trying to replicate that situation, but without luck. I think I used a forum post on Domoticz (https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15499 ) last year, but the topic is gone. Google serves many links, but not the solution. Only a few people with the same problem.

I totally can't remember what I did the first time. Domoticz is running again and the RFXCom is connected. I think I made a manual switch before, so tried that. When choosing Lucci Air as device I only got 3 positions for the device ID while it's four (FFFF). 00 00 FF is maybe the solution to that problem. But after that I'm stuck. When setting the switch to selector for OFF/LOW/MED/HI the icon swaps to a light. Not a problem, but last time I had a fan icon so I probably did an other step. Also sending a command thought the selector also didn't worked for me.

Is there anybody how could help? A solution without Domoticz is also fine. An HTTP Get to my NAS needs to result in controlling the fan. Maybe is Python or nodeJS an option? I found a script but also no luck. And Python needs <3 but 3.x is installed on my NAS.

The Rfxcom is working as expected. But I can't find out how to control it again. Nowadays I'm switching my fan manually on and off :-(
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

I think you only can have an ID 00 to 0F
Check with RFXmngr.
Spoon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Spoon »

I still have to check with RXmngr but in Domoticz nothing happend. I can hit a test button but that sends an ON command. The fan had off/low/med/hi and I don't know is any is actually on.

Ik keep using my remote :-(

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”