xpl-perl / zenah how would you change it?

Forum regarding Linux Software and Home Automation Domotica.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

Just some thoughts here,

Since at some point improvements will come, what would you like to see change / addeed. What holds the most value for you and what not?

I want to make a list of items so i can hand them over to the programmer, eventually improving the feeling about it all.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Kroonen

Post by Kroonen »

That it will be ok for other distro's not debian only. the xpl-perl-setup most likely

It should be nice that you can set in xpl-perl like it does with rrd. so example 1 database with the different temp sensors in it.

Works together with heyu 2.x, so 1 rfxcom receiver for rfx-com and heyu.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

How do you mean works together with heyu? I do know he has plans to use rrd for zenah to create graphs, but the sky is the limit. Thinking about a automatic installer for the frontend for instance.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Kroonen

Post by Kroonen »

When using heyu of xpl-rfxcom, they both use the rfx-com reciever for incoming message, and only one seperate works, when running both, xpl-rfxcom hangs 100% cpu.

About the platform indepedency I mane the linux coomands like adduser en groupadd, is in fedora/redhat useradd, and groupadd.

for x10 devices it should also be nice that if something happens, it puts and a table like x10 and with values , action, time, so you can simple read out the action with phpmysql how later a lamp or device went on or off.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

To be honoust i think its designed as is, you cant let 2 programs listen to the rfxcom at the same time. Same problem with the ethernet version too. The "all linux flavors" option should be changed later too.

if something will go in the database, i think this is mostly for the current state. Archived entry's will come in the rrd graphs then. otherwise it will grow rapidly too, to give an example.. my xpl-perl database is 1.3gb at this time. Using rrd and only current states will bring this back considerately.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Kroonen

Post by Kroonen »

well if I run heyu in AUX mode, and also xpl-rfxcom, than it use 100% cpu time hangs looks like...
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

hmm i dont know if i follow you here, you use a different way for each device, so say usb for heyu and ethernet for rfxcom?

btw, i dont know exactly why you use heyu for, but doesn't xpl come with a xpl-x10 or similar which is build on heyu?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
beanz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by beanz »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kroon040</i>
<br />That it will be ok for other distro's not debian only. the xpl-perl-setup most likely
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'll try to improve that in the next release. Patches to xpl-perl-setup are more than welcome.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
It should be nice that you can set in xpl-perl like it does with rrd. so example 1 database with the different temp sensors in it.

Not sure I understand this request, having more than one rrd file doesn't prevent you creating combined graphs and having more than one file makes it easier if you change/rename etc a single device.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Works together with heyu 2.x, so 1 rfxcom receiver for rfx-com and heyu.

That isn't possible. Only one program can open the serial port for the rfxcom device at any one time. I use heyu for all x10 powerline and rfxcom for everything else including x10 rf.

Actually it might be possible if heyu was modified to talk to
a tcp port rather than a serial port since xpl-tty-tcp can support
more than one client at once. Although this would not be my recommended way to run things in production. (xpl-rfxcom can talk to a tcp port because that is how it supports the lan/wlan rfxcom devices.)
beanz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by beanz »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kroon040</i>
<br />for x10 devices it should also be nice that if something happens, it puts and a table like x10 and with values , action, time, so you can simple read out the action with phpmysql how later a lamp or device went on or off.

Can you not get the information you need from the files in /var/lib/rrd/x10 (and graphs in /var/www/rrd/x10?

Return to “Linux Forum”