Philips HUE versus Z-Wave RGB

Forum about LEDS, LED lights, DMX and other lights.

Moderator: Mversluis

raymonvdm

Philips HUE versus Z-Wave RGB

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m in the process of selecting some RGB LED Bulbs and there are two different type of bulbs to go for.

Choice 1: Philips HUE
Choice 2: Zipato E27 RGBW / Aeons Labs RGBW

Is there anyone who tested the difference of these solutions and what choice did you make and why ?

I already have a HUE LUX set which i`m trying to control using a Fibaro Dimmer. I`m only using the dimmer as a status device the Bulbs are connected to normal (230V) power because u cannot DIM HUE Bulbs. For now i created a setup using Jon00 HUE plugin and when the dimmer is on the hue bulbs are on. When the dimmer is off the HUE bulbs are off

Now i need to find a way to make the dimlevel of the fibaro dimmer control the HUE Bulbs since I cannot set dimlevels using homeseer on the HUE Bulbs
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Akatar

Re: Philips HUE versus Z-Wave RGB

Post by Akatar »

i own a couple of hue's and i tried the zipato bulbs.
the zipato bulbs are worthless, colors are almost hard white and there is not enough green and red to make the difference
i had 3 of them and sent them all back
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i have Philips hue and i am very happy with them , very good bulbs wit a lot of light power and beautifull colors, it works as a train :D , the software works fine. i added also a lot of living whites bulbs and Philips hue plugs , now you also have hue lux. In the future there will be no light in my house which isnt controlled by hue. I have tried a lot of domotica stuf , z wave , x10 but in homeseer z wave needs a lot maintenance, and x10 is not so reliable. klika is functioning very good just as plugwise. All Dutch roots by the way. Domotica is nice but is not simple yet, hue plugwise and x10 are. I would stick to hue .
Hue has a good interface also for programming. Hue uses zigbee which is open source, the zwave alliance keep there doors very closed even when microsoft makes its software open source.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m not yet able to control the HUE lights with a Fibaro dimmer. On/Off is working but dim not yet. Are u using HS3 and if so can you tell me which plugin are u using?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “LEDS, DMX & Lights Forum”