ProntoEdit Professional 2.3.17 released

Forum about hardware/software for the Philips Pronto TSU9600 and other remotes.

Moderator: hvxl

Arjen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arjen »

Tonight I wanted to download ProntoEdit and to my surprise 2.3.17 is released..... with WPA2 support!

http://www.pronto.philips.com/index.cfm?id=1635

Whats new?
Many new features become available with this new release. Below the most important are listed:

WPA2 support: the Prontos can now be used in a more secure WPA environment. As WPA takes more time to authenticate and associate the response time of a first button press on the panel in sleep mode will take 1-2 sec.

Roaming: Advanced settings in the PEP2 editor allow better roaming behavior (reconnection to another access point when moving the Pronto through the home). See System Properties Network Advanced WiFi button.

Improved control panel response after wake-up: In the advanced network settings you can indicate in more detail the amount of access points used and the used WiFi channels. When set properly this will improve the panel response after wake up.

ProntoScript: Libraries are now supported. These re-usable JavaScript files offer more efficient programming of ProntoScript (see Developers Guide for more information). Several example libraries are present in the editor.

ProntoScript: Encryption of modules: In fact there is the possibility to encrypt libraries, but by storing essential information in libraries the creator can prevent unauthorized use of his work. To encrypt right-click in the editor (building blocks - ProntoScript Libraries) on the library icon and choose Protect Library.

ProntoScript: Get Pronto serial number: You can ask within the script for the serial number of the attached Pronto. This is useful in case you want to sell a ProntoScript module and you wish to link it to a specific Pronto.

ProntoScript Debugger: As part of the Simulator you can start up the Debugger to analyze the Script by e.g. setting break points and monitor variable values. Especially for more complex scripts the Debugger will improve the efficiency. The Debugger is available in the Simulator under Tools.

ProntoScript: Go to sleep management: Before going to sleep now first events can be handled on the panel to make sure essential data is not lost.

Extenders: Various improvements were done on the serial communication behavior and stability.

- PEP2 editor: Automatic resizing of the windows: When a high resolution monitor is used the Page view will automatically double its size.

PEP2 editor: The editor will after first installation open in Standard View mode. ProntoScript related features are then hidden. In Tools Options General Settings the Advanced View mode can be selected, showing all available functionality.

PEP2 editor: A grid and Snap to grid function is added. In Tools Options Grid the function can be en-/disabled.

PEP2 editor: The action list (macro) can now be copied to other buttons or activities.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Thanks! Downloading already :-)

Don't forget the new firmware as well!
Version: 7.1.21
Released: 24 July2009
Size: 22 MB

Many new features become available with this new release. Below the most important are listed:

WPA2 support: the Prontos can now be used in a more secure WPA environment. As WPA takes more time to authenticate and associate the response time of a first button press on the panel in sleep mode will take 1-2 sec.

Roaming: Advanced settings in the PEP2 editor allow better roaming behavior (reconnection to another access point when moving the Pronto through the home). See System Properties Network Advanced WiFi button.

Improved control panel response after wake-up: In the advanced network settings you can indicate in more detail the amount of access points used and the used WiFi channels. When set properly this will improve the panel response after wake up.

http://www.pronto.philips.com/index.cfm?id=1455

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

WPA, I already gave up on that one :-)
Libaries, great improvement, less code redundancy :-)
And debugging Pronto has always been a PITA.. :-)
So this looks very good, thanks.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Robert
http://www.hekkers.net <i>Digit's Online Home.</i></font id="size1">
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

a bit late for me....

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

This evening i upgraded FW and PEP.
From what i've seen in 2.5 hours time, it looks very good.

I had no problems opening and downloading my old Pronto Project. WPA worked instantly. I've turned on Multiple Access Point roaming strategy and it seems to work well, cause now i have good reception in my office too, where i didn't have that before the upgrade. Of course a few hours is no guarantee :-)

PEP2 needs "a lot of screen", best is to work in full screen mode (1600x1200 in my case). Screen layout is fixed, no docking/hiding/minimizing possible. When you're used to being able to customize your IDE to your own taste, you'll be disappointed by PEP2.

Despite this, for me PEP2 works better than PEP1.
Conclusion: recommended [:)]

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Robert
http://www.hekkers.net <i>Digit's Online Home.</i></font id="size1">

Return to “Philips Pronto (TSU9600), IRtrans and other remotes”