FS20 Support

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

jrkalf

FS20 Support

Post by jrkalf »

Hi Ron,

(fellow dutchie here). I've started my domotics recently using FS20 equipment from ELV.
Your domotiga project looks really nice but I can hardly find any information about which part of FS20 is currently supported by your project.
I see some mentionings of "basic support" for ELV FS10 and FS20, but nothing definitive on which device etc.

I'm not a super techy, but if I can support you in any way let me know. I've got a few basic FS20 devices for light switching (no dimmers, just on/off device) a TC6 touchpanel and a FHZ1000 PC (programmable usb device to control the FS20 equipment).

Jelle
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

Fibaro HC2, various z-wave switching, alerting, detection modules.
ELV FHT80b heating system.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: FS20 Support

Post by RDNZL »

The only support for ELV hardware is done via EZcontrol interface.
See here: http://www.domotiga.nl/wiki/Domotiga/EZcontrol

But there are different types/version, only the older one is supported at the moment.
I have no FHZ1000PC to test with/code for.
Regards, Ron.
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Ron, I wouldn't mind testing for you. I'm seriously NO programmer, sorry.. and I'm still soldering my FS20 kits together.
I'm starting off with FHEM for now as it's the only one that seems to support FS20 and FHZ1000 under linux right now.

I do have a link to the protocol of the FHZ1000. Basically you can control FS20 devices through the FHZ1000 which is a ttyUSB0 device controlled like a generic modem (or so the text reads): http://fhz4linux.info/tiki-index.php?pa ... 0+Protocol

I'd be willing to test, hand feedback.. even see how I can build a jailed environment for dev purposes.

RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

So the newer 1300 interface uses another protocol not supported by Linux or known?

You know the FS20 protocol is not replay save, so others can control your stuff by just replaying the data?

I will look at the protocol to see if I can code it quick and create a standalone module to try for you, if it works I can integrate it into DomotiGa.
Regards, Ron.
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Hi Ron,

as far as I've read until now the FHZ1300 is the same and uses the same protocols as the FHZ1000 as they both can be controlled via USB.
The FHZ link I gave you has waaaay more powerful knowledge then I'll be able to give you. I've just finished soldering 2 FS20-WS1's (simpele wisselschakelaars voor in de wand) and a TC6 (6 button touchpanel (sender)) and got them to work under windows. Next up is using them under FHEM.

If it's easier for you. FHEM comes supplied with a FS20 perl module to control the FHZ1000. I'm not sure, but perhaps it points out how to use it or perhaps it's usable as-is?

ferniebrae
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ferniebrae »

Hi Ron,

Any further forward with the integration of FS20 I am really interested in the TRV's available from Conrad and controlling the whole house heating system?

Regards Dave
jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Same here Ron,

I've installed DomotiGa and it looks pretty neat and a lot better then FHEM (on the GUI). I've seen you've done X10 control via a program named Heyu... Perhaps it's possible to link FS20 through FHEM ? FHEM also has a telnet interface in which you can send basic commands like: Set lamp on

I'm done in my house setting up the standard lightswitches and I'm about to move over to what Dave is referring to.
Controlling of the FHT80b-2 and FHT8v/FTH8TF-2 via the FHZ1000pc.

-----
@Dave: watch out with buying Conrad stuff, if you're going for thermostat control (FHT80b and FHT8v). For proper control the Conrad is selling a version which is too old. You need to buy the FHT80b-2 or -3.
The newer version also has the advantage to add a FHT80TF-2. This is a "tur/Fenster" sensor which can be coupled with the FHT8v (thermostat on the radiator). It will check if your windows are open and then automagically close the radiator to prevent heating for the outside world :)

I order my fs20 stuff via ELV (http://www.elv.de/) (the supplier of FS20 goods to Conrad and nearly always cheaper then conrad!). All my deliveries have been within the week from ordering, and always delivered from stock.

Jelle

jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Hi Ron,

Any News on the FS20 front. Are you willing to look into this?
Is it possible to control devices via telnet in domotiga? That could be a first start for us to get FS20 working with a FHZ1000/1300 interface. Then we could run FHEM as interface to the FHZ1000/1300 and send simple commands to the FHEM telnet interface to do actions and to get information from fhem.

Here's a link to the command reference I'm talking about: http://www.koeniglich.de/fhem/commandref.html. As you can see it' simple commands like: "set lamp on" or "set lamp off" commands that will get the integration started. Combine that with a scheduled / repeated "getstate lamp" to get it's current state that will give us a fully running implementation for standard FS20 on/off switches. (I've used the word lamp as an example, it could say stopcontact as well. it's the actual unique device id within FHEM we're adressing that way).

This is the FHZ1000 protocol: fhz4linux.info/tiki-index.php?page=FHZ1 ... 0+Protocol. <-- directly talking to this modem would be king, but that's going to be hard I think. I can't make a lot of sense of this soup just yet.

jrkalf

Post by jrkalf »

Wow it's been a while since I posted here. I secretly hope this thread will get some lovin' in the near future. :mrgreen:

Ohh btw, I personally switched to the CUNO device. I still have the FHZpc as a spare at my house. If you're interested I can drop it off as a loaner for some developement. :idea:

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”