Pass data from Arduino using TCP/IP

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

fzr600
Starting Member
Starting Member

Pass data from Arduino using TCP/IP

Post by fzr600 »

Hi,

I'm very new to the DomotiGa but find this project usefull and I'd like to pass my data from Arduino.
So, is there any way to pass data (meter values, events) from arduino to domotiga using TCP/IP network? I saw there is XML-RPC, but didn't find any API.
Any help would be appreciated.

G.
luria
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Pass data from Arduino using TCP/IP

Post by luria »

I'm using UDP and the bitwise library with my arduinos and perl scripts to pass this information to/from Domotiga. You can find one of my projects in the "Arduino"-forum with some (outdated) code. I'm reading temperatures and setting device states directly in the database. TCP had too much overhead for me. Passing and receiving UDP packets is near instantaneous, and made error handling easier than with TCP connections.
fzr600
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fzr600 »

Could you please share a link to those posts? I'm interesting espetially in DomotiGa side :)
luria
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by luria »

Sure:
http://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5325

The Perl stuff is all very basic entrylevel code and my arduino C is a mess. But at least you'll get up and running.

The bitwise library is a bit ;) more complicated to install than other libraries - the files must be dropped into the ethernet library, and not all files can coexist.

Edit: Bytewise, not bitwise - https://bitbucket.org/bjoern/arduino_os ... /Ethernet/
fzr600
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fzr600 »

Thanks a lot!

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”