Remote control of Domotiga

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Rtaxerxes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remote control of Domotiga

Post by Rtaxerxes »

Hi everyone,

I have got Domotiga running on Ubuntu Natty in VMware on a Mac controlling a Z-Wave Aeon Labs Z-stick.

I also have an iPhone and iPad and would love to control the lights etc without using VNC. Is there anyone doing this, or any ideas for it? I saw something about using iViewer, but their licensing prices are very high, so I am not keen to build a GUI on that and learn it if I am not going to use it.

I have seen things are possible. For instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKkaqavZrJM He's controlling things with his MCE remote.

Any ideas? Perhaps a web interface that has an iPhone template?
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Remote control of Domotiga

Post by RDNZL »

Hi, I saw your e-mail too, unfortunately I had to disable register function on the website, due to heavy spamming even though a captcha is used.

Until I have an alternative I suggest to use this forum for questions, or you can mail them by using the contact form on the website.

About your question, I'm working on some simple sencha coed to be able to control device from iPad/iPod/iPhone and android devices.

Due to the lack of free time it's not finished yet, but maybe the coming holiday will help, I will keep you posted.

About the Youtube video, I haven't been able to contact the author to post some details about his setup.
He uses mythtv, and links to his website, but couldn't find any more info about it.
Regards, Ron.
Rtaxerxes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rtaxerxes »

Thanks for replying. I struggled to find the "Contact Forum Admin" details, so I went old school.

Yeah, I looked all over his site for info, but couldn't find any. I use PLEX for my media, so I ideally want to connect with that. They are a fork of XBMC, so the same web controls are available. They have an awesome iPad/iPhone app as well that I think is using XML RPC to talk.

If you need any beta testing, let me know.
Rtaxerxes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rtaxerxes »

Got a reply from Joep who made the MythTV Youtube video:

First I made shure my remote was working with lirc.
Then I added a lirc trigger in domotiga for the button (see domotiga website for this).
This trigger is used in several events which activate the zwave switches and dimmers.
The beamer is controlled by a tcp->rs232 converter.
I configured irexec to respond to the same button as domotiga and let it send a command to the tcp converter with telnet.

Clever use of trigger to do stuff. Is it possible to create a trigger from an iPhone event then? Or perhaps just have a webcontrol page which manually changes a variable?
Rtaxerxes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rtaxerxes »

Has there been any progress with the web interface or iPhone/iPad remote control? Perhaps implementing the Lightswitch server might be an option? I see it has been done with other Linux home control apps, but they have no support for Z-wave.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

No not much progress yet, still looking for a sencha programmer...
Was busy updating my website too.
I'm putting some android code online there in a sub project soon, this is a start, but only targetted to android devices. (which are the coolest anyway) :D
Regards, Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”