MS MCE Blaster

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

Rtaxerxes
Starting Member
Starting Member

MS MCE Blaster

Post by Rtaxerxes »

I saw reference to a Microsoft MCE receiver being able to be used in Domotiga. Is it possible to use it as a blaster? That would be awesome, as I have one, they are freely available, and much cheaper than something like a GC-100.
martinisoft

Re: MS MCE Blaster

Post by martinisoft »

I am not familiar with DomotiGa, and I don't know if the ehome reciever can communicate directly with it.

but..

I was looking for a simular solution for Homeseer, since I also have several ehome receivers and blasters laying arround.
I found that I can send IR commands using the IR blasters trough LM remote Keymap from LMGestion.
The Donaters version has a REST API.
Via this API it is possible to execute commands within LMRemote by sending Get URL commands to the machine where LM remote is running on.
Bottom line, when your domotica software is able to send Get URL commands you can use LM Remote Keymap to do what you want.
You will need a Windows box running 24/7 since LMRemote is a Windows app.
This is no problem for me since Homeseer is a Windows application also, but can be a little bit of a problem if your only 24/7 box is a linux machine.

greetzz

Martijn.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

The current LIRC interface only supports receiving of IR codes.
Adding the ability to send IR codes it not so hard I think, so if lirc supports using the MCE as a blaster, it's doable.

Will add it to the list.
If someone else have some free time to look at it, would be great!
Regards, Ron.
Rtaxerxes
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rtaxerxes »

It is possible to blast in Linux, I used to do it in MythTV. I think this explains the library they use: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote

Would be pretty cool to have that to switch sources on TV's, amps, and STB's.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”