Greetings, new user report

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

djrm
Starting Member
Starting Member

Greetings, new user report

Post by djrm »

Greetings DomotiGa users,

I've been drawn towards an integrated portal for various devices and sensors on my home network and came across DomotiGa when looking at the Rfxcom site.

I have now built and run DomotiGa on my OpenRD arm linux which already has OWFS one wire and CC128 software running. I have also just bought a Vellman k8055 board which is also working on the OpenRD system, so far so good.

The OpenRD server is accesed by a windows desktop PC, I have a VirtualBox on it running the linux from the DomotiGa Live CD, i've installed to disk and updated to the latest DomotiGa version, this is now running in client mode accessing the OpenRD system running in server mode.

Using Xming I can also run the client directly viewing it on my PC, the interface is a bit slow this way but seems quite stable. I have noticed some problems with the client running on the remote linux, it does not show some thing including graphs properly, the data seems to be taken from the local machine. I understand its early days for the client sever implementation.

I have still not decided what method to use to control my home automation devices, I think z-wave may be the best although the devices seem quite expensive. I've heard varying reports about X10 being unrelibale in noisy environments. I have a Yale 3600 system and would like to incorporate the sensors from that somehow but I have not yet found any information about how to receive their data.

My OWFS sensor network has some devices on it which are not recognised by the 1wire device, I may be able to add some code to help here myself. I think a lcd4linux interface would be a useful addition as a low power status display.

Another idea for enhancement for myself would be to interface to my freeswitch telephone system, its similar to asterisk but different.

Thanks RDNLZ for a promising software, I'll follow its development with great interest.
Best regards, David.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Greetings, new user report

Post by RDNZL »

Development activity was a bit low lately, just came back from holidays, and have to catch up my email and forum posts...
You already supplied some code changes, so thanks for that.
Regards, Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”