Using PLCBus command to trigger timed event

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

TimScottz8
Starting Member
Starting Member

Using PLCBus command to trigger timed event

Post by TimScottz8 »

Hi all

I am having trouble understanding some of the intricacies of using Domotiga (up to now I have used Powerhome2 with an X10 interface, but this is unreliable compared to the PLCBus interface and PH2 doesn't support the PLCBus interface).
I have some external lights on PLCbus modules which are code A4 and an IR unit which sends out code A16. What I want to achieve is the ability to receive the IR unit A16 code then run a macro which looks at the time of day (night time or daylight), switches on the external A4 lights for 5 minutes if it is dark, then turns them off again. The IR unit does not have a timer to do this automatically and neither do any other PLCBus weatherproof units I have seen.
What I cannot work out is how to intercept a PLCBus code from within Domitiga and use it as a trigger. Is there a way of having a virtual device which you can turn on/off or just a way to use the incoming A16 code to directly activate a trigger ?
Another related problem is that if Domotiga receives an additional IR signal within the 5 minute period then I need to extend the timer in the macro by and additional 5 minutes, or kill the original macro and replace it with a new one. Failure to do this would of course result in the original macro switching of the lights prematurely.

This, and related schemes, are my main reason for using PLCBus and I would be grateful if someone can give me some pointers to get started.

Thanks

Tim Scott
TimScottz8
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Using PLCBus command to trigger timed event

Post by TimScottz8 »

I have somewhat refined the question. The RF sensors I have are X10 DM10 sensors. I have a X10 to PLCbus translator unit. To test that I can receive the DM10 signal using a PLCBus computer interface I set a PLCbus switch in Domotiga to the DM10 address. When I pressed the DM10 test button Domotiga changed the state of the dummy PLCBus device I had set up with the same address. The snag is that it only switches to "ON" and never back to "OFF". Is there a way of accessing the DM10 device as a motion detector via the PLCBus interface ? I have shown that I can receive a signal from it but it needs to be interpreted as motion rather than as on. As PLCBus does not seem to have a weather proof wireless IR sensor being able to use the DM10 correctly would be useful.
TimScottz8
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by TimScottz8 »

Hi

I was wondering if there was a solution to this. All I want is to be able to trigger a series of events by sending a PLCBus code over the system. I know I might be able to do some of this with macros, but when the events I want to trigger are dependent on the time of day they won't work. Also if the triggered event has a timer function in it such as send D2 on by using a wirless switch triggers event : turn A4 and A8 on for 5 minutes then off again. I don't see how this will work in Domotiga

Tim
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Did you succeed in creating this event yet?
If not, what is exactly the thing you miss, or don't know how to do?
Regards, Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”