CM17A

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

atomney
Starting Member
Starting Member

CM17A

Post by atomney »

I recently installed Domotiga to control my z-wave devices. During my quest to get everything up and running I noticed that Domotiga supports using "heyu" to control X10 devices.

I have heyu installed and working on it's own, the only problem is I use the CM17A(RF Transmitter) instead of the CM11. I tried to add devices in Domotiga but soon realized that it is currently not possible with the CM17A.

I looked around the code for a bit and it looks like Domotiga only sends heyu "on" "off" and "dim" commands. Could we add another X10 option to Domotiga for the CM17a? All it needs to do is sends "fon" instead of "on" and "foff" instead of "off".

I am only looking for basic switch control of my legacy X10 devices and this would solve it for me.

I tried making the change to the code myself but could never get my devices to do anything through Domotiga :(

Thanks!
OWK

Re: CM17A

Post by OWK »

May I suggest you test it from the Linux command line first, to see if Heyu is capable to handle the commands without Domotiga...

The Domotiga WiKi helps: http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/X10Cmd. At the botom you find:

Tests with CLI-commands, to dim the light.

$ /usr/local/bin/cm15ademo a1 dim 50
$ /usr/local/bin/cm15ademo a1 on
$ /usr/local/bin/cm15ademo a1 off

Maybe you can input your other type of commands there, but it will depent on the fact that the Hayu application is passing the commands unchanged to the X10 controller CM17a

Regards
OWK
Domotiga
Cubietruck, Ubuntu server 1.0.2
RFXcom LAN, home brew ground plane antenna
KaKu
atomney
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by atomney »

Thanks for the tip, but according to everything I've read, HEYU and CM15ademo are two completely unrelated programs to interface with different hardware.

CM15ademo does not interact with HEYU in any way. It is specifically for the CM15A(USB) which is much much newer than the CM17A(Serial RF)

Just in case I was missing something I wanted to make sure "CM15ademo" and "HEYU" were in fact not related. I looked at the HEYU FAQ page and found this:

http://www.heyu.org/heyu_faq.html
Q: Does Heyu support the new X-10 CM15A "ActiveHome Pro" interface?
A: No. The CM15A is a USB-only device requiring a custom driver.

But HEYU does support the CM17a right out of the box. Which is why I was asking about adding support for passing it "fon" and "foff" commands.

I also checked with the cm15ademo site to see if they supported the CM17A, but it looks as though they do not :( they are specifically focused on USB driver support of the CM15a.
http://somethinginteractive.com/blog/tag/cm15a/

Thank you for the suggestion. :)
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

I have added support for CM17 with heyu to revision 921.
Just select the correct interface in the x10cmd settings, switching devices on/off should work.
Can you supply me the supported dim commands too?
Not sure if preset dim is supported, I saw someone mentioning fdim too somewhere, but I couldn't find the exact syntax.
Regards, Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”