Domotiga Thermostaat action

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

ronaldkelleners
Starting Member
Starting Member

Domotiga Thermostaat action

Post by ronaldkelleners »

Hello,

In DomotiGa i have made a scipt to use a opentherm thermostat (simple version) on a thermostat in domotiga (timer function)

this reads the current requested temperature
Thermostat.GetRequestedTempForHeating(1, 1)

when i make this action
Devices.ValueUpdate(36, 1,Thermostat.GetRequestedTempForHeating(1, 1) )

he should update value 1 of Device 36 (the opentherm thermostat) width the requested temp of the domotiga thermostat.

This is working when i view the device values in the devices tab in domotiga. but the opentherm thermostat is not reacting,

When i make an action "Set device, opentherm thermostat ... Value 1 to 19.0" this is working fine :S

is there a difference bitween the 2 actions ?
The only difference i can see is the domotiga thermostat creates a value 19 and the action creates 19.0 is this the major problem ?

I made a trigger every minute and a Condition where the trigger checks if the requested value had been changed. if changed then do Devices.ValueUpdate(36, 1,Thermostat.GetRequestedTempForHeating(1, 1) ).

I dont know where to look at it ...

Thanks Ronald
BreFra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Domotiga Thermostaat action

Post by BreFra »

Hi Ronald,

As you've already noticed yourself, there is a difference between those two functions.

Code: Select all

Device.SetDevice()
This function will send the new value to the interface and from there send to the physical device. Be aware this currently only applies to the first value of the device.
This is the function you should use to send the temperature to the connected thermostat. Please note that the

Code: Select all

Device.ValueUpdate()
This function will update the value in the database without notifying the interface. So the physical connected device is not updated.

I hope this makes it clear....
ronaldkelleners
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Domotiga Thermostaat action

Post by ronaldkelleners »

Hello,

Is there also a way to do a SetDevice and then the value number ? (or is it allways one ?)

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”