Plugwise Wishlist and Findings

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Thats a good idea :-)

Now I need a motion detector near the girl friends 'game console' incase the batterys are empty (again), and it needs charging.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Simple Kaku remote / switch will also work fine.
If you have SAIX in the room just use the controlling part for turning on / off.
Chiel

Post by Chiel »

Built-in module and a DIN-rail module, and like Alfred said, 1 that can easy maesure total installation power consumption..
wwolkers

Post by wwolkers »

would be very nice if they had a built in module which was a dimmer also :)
Then I can replace all my KaKu devices here.
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Ok, here we go:

- Publication of the protocol between source and stick (that would be better than needing to resort to reverse engineering, as is currently the case).

- Less flimsy safety ground pins.

- Automatic restoration of on/off state after a power failure

Lennart
Noel

Post by Noel »

One more.. A UK power plug version as I want to use the plugs also in my 'other' house :-)

TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

UK plug will be available begin 2009
Kristofgss
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Kristofgss »

peak and off-peak power settings different per day of the week. For example, here in Belgium the off peak hours are between 22.00 and 07.00 during weekdays and during the entire saturday and sunday. Hence, the current implementation only allows to use the same off-peak hours every day so that the weekends are incorrect.
-edit-
It turns out that the entire weekend is already considered off-peak by the plugwise system by default.

An easy way to set holidays would be nice as well so that it would be possible to use a standby schedule during the day (current implementation) except on holidays which could be chosen from the calendar. For example, I would like to turn the standy power consumption off for my microwave when I am at work, but on holidays I would be at home during that time and I would like to be able to use it during the day as well. The current implementation requires different schedlus which must be uploaded instead of being able to "suspend" the power saving mode during certain calendar days.

Little annoyance, on vista home basic, I have to start the application, the data gets read out from the plugs, but only current consumption appears, no graphs for today. I close and restart the application and only then does the updated data appear in the graphs. it would be nice if it would appear after loading without having to restart the application.

-added idea-
It would be nice to have a way of entering devices without a plug assigned to it. For example, my DECT cordless phone uses 30 watts per day. I measured it with a plug, but there is no need to keep the plug in use there as the power consumption does not fluctuate and I will not be switching it on/off (it would serve no use as the batteries in the dect phone would start to discharge and it would only consume the saved power by recharging them when switched on again). Now it would be nice to teel the plugwise application that that device is using power at 30 watts per day and that it would be included in the total count, but without having a circle in use for it. So it would be a static part of the application from where data is included to calculate the total consumption, but no switching or monitoring is possible. Things to include on this list would be items with constant power draw, but which would not be switched on/off like cordless phone, telenet cable modem for phone signal, clock radio, door intercom system, baby monitor and other stuff like that.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Also one from here,

A Plug without the switching electronics, for if you only wanna measure a device's power usage AND to be sure that it will _NEVER_ can switch off. (very pratical for eg. Fridge, Router, Programmed HDR etc.)
And it looks too me that the plug's can be a little bit cheaper (read: less expensive) for the end users... [;)] <i>(Us/We/You/Me/I/Them/They?)</i>

and as some are allready mentioned before,
- Publication protocol (API)
- No Internet connection requirement for the installation of Source
- Privacy violation (the big 'stealing' data thread)
- Zoom possibility's in the chart's of Source
- Possibility to show the raw data (eg. as stored in the db) of a Circle in a tableview/listview
- After starting Source i want to see the charts directly (or after the first data fetch), in the current situation you must wait... 15mins? 30mins? 60mins? before the first chart's become available.

Gr,

Richard
foo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by foo »

-a Status led and button to view en change the circles state (on/off) (connection lost)

- a 'stekkerdoos' with multiple cirles. every output has its own cirle.
jym
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jym »

Mac os X release, Please.

thanks
undutchable
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by undutchable »

I would like to see a Belgium plug with Pen Ground.

And I would like to have the software running on Windows Server 2003/2008 32 and 64 bit. The server is always on, so why not having the software on this machine

And finally I would like an export functionality to SharePoint.

Bart
Verkenner

Post by Verkenner »

Sometimes it takes many time before the measured (power consumption) come into the cart (graph). Please speedup. Do not wait for the full-hour update. Thanks.
Verkenner

Post by Verkenner »

The name of the device in the Graph.

Smoke detection and Flow metering (water and gas) in the Source and webserver.

Thanks, Verkenner
Verkenner

Post by Verkenner »

<b><font face="Arial">And, of course, Total electricity Consumption (3 fase).</font id="Arial"></b> Please. [:)]

Thanks, Verkenner

Return to “Plugwise Forum”