Need help with creating a Plugwise XML file

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

So are we, that its working again :-)
Thanks Reinder!
sebastiaan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sebastiaan »

Didnt i told ya all that the newest source is good :-)

just kidding happy it works again for you

greatz Sebastiaan
Marek
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Need help with creating a Plugwise XML file

Post by Marek »

Hello all,

Just came across this forum again and thought it would be nice to let all of you that helped me a little know how my project ended and show you the result :)

By now i graduated (with an 8.0 out of 10 :)) and will start my master at the university of Utrecht soon.

Like i explained before my graduation assignment was to design, develop and make a prototype of an interface that will make users aware of their power usages. Through the use of an avatar or digital representation that communicates with the user in an active manner (Emotions like sad, happy, encouraging ect) the user will be more aware of his energy usage. This avatar will have an positive influence on the energy consumption.

I decide to make the interface for kids and make them more aware of their energy usage. For this I used Plugwise and Flash

The result was an interactive animation of a polarbear. In this animation the surrounding and the emotions of the polarbear would change depending on the energy usage..

Here is a quick screenshot of the final animation

This is a movie i made during a test at a school to see how the kids would react on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ltgaj0kDM

Thanks again for the help!
pvgent
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pvgent »

Cute idea, shame that you have to keep a PC constantly running to show the effect. :D

The remark of on of the kids at the end of the video shows that they know something about the North Pole that you don't know, Penguins don't live on the North Pole.
Marek
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marek »

Yeah so true :)

Thats why i put it in the movie, found it funny thats the kids came up to me to point out my mistake :)

Return to “Plugwise Forum”