New Firmware for plugs

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
sebastiaan
Starting Member
Starting Member

New Firmware for plugs

Post by sebastiaan »

Dear Forum Plugwise Users,

This weekend i had the honeur to do a Firmware update ( update will be available soon for everybody ) of all my plugs ( 100 pieces )
I was the lucky one to test it for you all ( must admid im happy )

Everything went great, its all working and faster then before.

If you gonna do the upgrade here is some advice so you dont fall into any problems.

1: BE SHURE all your plugs are reachable ( put them togheter if you can.. the longer distance the longer time you gonna need )

2: Every plug / stick / circle+ / Stretch-light needs to be on his own 220V powersupply.. in other words do not feed 1 plug with the power of another.

i forgot my stretchlight was powered by the circle+ so wenn the circle went down i lost power on my stretch and therefore my stick.

Thanks to the very good support of Reinder and after a reset of the circle+ it all came up and worked after 15 minutes.

3: Be VERY patient !! uploading new firmware to plugs takes between 7 and 15 minutes each plug. if fails it will retry a few times

4: After the last step your network is going to reset. it can take a while before the circle+ finds all the know plugs. again... the shorter the plugs are togheter the faster it goes. DONT CLICK NEXT TILL YA SHURE ALL IS ONLINE AGAIN !!

I first did uploading the new firmware.. restarted the upgrader and after i was shure i gave it the reset.. this took double time so if you are sure about what you are doing you can skip that and do the reset directly after uploading.

first network crashed because i had my stretchlight powered by circle+
second network 40 plugs took me ( after uploading ) 27 minutes to be back and online
thirt network ( only stick and circle+ ) took not even 5 minutes.

Good luck ya all... it worked for me ( on long distances 50 metres + ) and dont think ya will get any problems if ya plugs are less then 10 metres.

PS. if upgrade is done ya will hear the onclick of a plug in 1 second. reseting a plug isnt difficult anymore. deleting plugs from ya network works perfectly!!

Greatz Sebastiaan
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Bwired »

That is good News, keep us informed how it goes on.....

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Dickr43

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Dickr43 »

Does this upgrade have any effect on the Plugwise HS Plug-in?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Rene »

The upgrade will have no effect on the HS plugin. The plugin communicates with the Source and not directly with the plugs.

Rene.
Dickr43

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Dickr43 »

Thanks Rene!
Pieterpaul

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Pieterpaul »

What is the update for? New functionality? Better performance?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Bwired »

Hope we can all do it for the end of this year, then we can start a fresh and stable new logging year :-)

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Reinder

New Firmware for plugs

Post by Reinder »

Plugwise is planning to release the beta firmware coming saturday 12 december.
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: New Firmware for plugs

Post by DJF3 »

My HomeSeer/Plugwise server is connected to the Circle+

Does that mean I shouldn't do the FW upgrade but move my server to a 'plugwise-less' power source first?

;-)
DJ
sebastiaan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sebastiaan »

@DJF3

YES.. you MUST be shure all plugs and circles+ and stretchlight are on there own power. ( and also all pc's and other stuff routers hubs etc etc)

if ya leave the computer on the circle+ your pc will loose its power and ya will fall into problems. connect the pc directly to the powerline !!

Greatz Sebastiaan
solha
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by solha »

Reinder wrote:Plugwise is planning to release the beta firmware coming saturday 12 december.
I subscribed the Plugwise Beta Program and still cannot access the new firmware (although I can access and install the Beta Source app), any plans on when the firmware is going to be available for beta users? (or perhaps I have other problems in my setup that prevent the new firmware installation). Please advise.

Regards.
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

As far as I now, the beta firmware isn't released yet. I think Plugwise is waiting to finish the beta Source testing and first want to final release the Source. They now have a relase candidated for beta testing Source.
If this is finished, they start beta testing the firmware. I hope this wil come in a short time (days?).
Juande

Post by Juande »

The new (beta) firmware seems to be available for downloading
Last edited by Juande on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

You mean for beta users I guess?

Return to “Plugwise Forum”