Plugwise with X10

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
rances

Plugwise with X10

Post by rances »

Hello everyone,

I tried to search for this, but without success. Can someone tell me if combining plugwise circles with x10 dim modules (xanura/marmitek) will work? I'd like to measure power consumption of several lights, but still be able to send x10 dim commands to modules behind a circle / stealth.
So basically the setup will be:

plugwise circle >> x10 dim module >> 230V lamp

Is this going to work? Has anyone tried it before? I was wondering what effect a plugwise module will have on x10 signal strength.

I also would like to know what would happen if in this setup plugwise circle turns power to x10 module off. Is the x10 module going to work again after plugwise circle powers it up or does it need programming?

Hope someone can give me answers so I don't have to experiment myself.

cheers
PietjeNL

Re: Plugwise with X10

Post by PietjeNL »

i know that a internet by electricwire and a circle in it doesnt work, but as always it is trail end error.
rances

Post by rances »

Tnx Pietje,

Good to know that power line Ethernet isn't stable in combination with Plugwise. Still wondering if someone has tried above setup.

Perhaps someone has another setup for measuring power consumption and dimming lights at the same time?
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

no problem, i have tested x10, plugwise and klikaanklikuit modules in serie, it works.

plugwise before x10 works.

klika afterx10 and plugwise has the only problem that if there is no current klika goes in the off mode.

i vthink you cant put a plugwise after a dim module, it gets less current in dim positions but that isn't necessary either, you can put plugwise before and x10 after euach other

labium
rances

Post by rances »

Thank you very much for your input labium. I wasn't able to do the test myself, because my house is still not finished and these modules will be placed at very last stage. At least I know now that I can leave my plans unchanged and put plugwise circles before x10 devices.

Could you confirm that x10 devices e.g. daix12 will be ok if there is power loss due plugwise circles in this setup. Not that I’m going to need to switch the circles on and off, but I was just curious what would happen with x10 device in this situation. Did you ever had power loss on x10 devices and what happened after the power was back on?

thanks once again...
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i have no experience with daix or saix modules, i don't know the purpose of such devices.

and i don't think a reverse x10 signal can traverse through a plugwise cirkel which is off. the module has no power to generate a signal to begin with i think.

labium
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

a tm13 marmitek on a plugwise circle does give its signal through the plugwise circle received by rf.

i used the plugwise circle to measure the current in comparison with an cmt15 pro. they both use 2 watt.

labium

Return to “Plugwise Forum”