Not licensed for extended scripting

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
nico_gh2

Not licensed for extended scripting

Post by nico_gh2 »

Last week noticed this message from the webserver already but still no luck in finding out what I'm missing.
The message is shown next to the power consumption graph on the standard Plugwise demo-page.

I'm sending my data anonymous to Plugwise so thought that would be sufficient.
Anybody seen this message or knows what extended scripting is about?

thnks,
nico
Koen Zomers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Not licensed for extended scripting

Post by Koen Zomers »

My fresh installation is showing the same message. I am not sending my information to Plugwise. Actually if you look at the Ajax calls its making, its getting this "error" every few seconds back from the Plugwise build in webserver. Not sure what it is, but I guess it can be safely ignored.
Koen Zomers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Koen Zomers »

The error "Not licensed for extended scripting" prevents one from using the script extensions. Sending your Plugwise Source license key to helpdesk@plugwise.com requesting your license to be upgraded to include the script extensions will have them upgrade your license for free.
pvgent
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pvgent »

I see the same message in the Webserver Graph Demo, but i have no problems using de scripting language, i run a script implementing master/slave switching and sending information to a JeeNode using webfeed.

Maybe there a difference between scripting and extended scripting.

In the Plugwise_Source_template_Engine.pdf there i see the following note:

Note: An asterix (‘*’) in the first column means that that functionality is only available in the Pro version.

Maybe this is meant with extended scripting.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

I requested Plugwise to upgrade my licenses in order to use extended scripting but got the following response:
De melding geeft inderdaad aan dat u niet beschikt over de licentieoptie voor de ‘Extended webserver’. De optie voor Extended webserver is een onderdeel van Source Pro en niet inbegrepen ‘Home’ licentie (particulier en klein zakelijk). Uw licentie beschikt wel over de ‘standaard’ webserver, waarmee scripting opties kunnen worden uitgevoerd. Uw licenties hoeven dus niet te worden aangepast voor een scripting functionaliteit.
Rene.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

has anyone allready found out how to remove the not licensed for extended scripting message from the demo template?

i am not much of a programmer, so i cant find out how tot do so.
it has to do with a funtion that is not available in the home versions, and the demo is made to demo functions of both home pro license users.
it should be as easy as just removing that function from the index.html i thougt, but when i tried, it did not work. i cant realy find why or wich function or from wich file i should remove the function or something.

maybe anyone of you knows what to do?
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

You can edit the Plugwise.Images.dll file. Then it accepts all features.
Check the file version is 2.20.0.0. If so, then hexedit the file at address 49F8h: change 06 to 17.
Good luck.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

hmm. i gues this is not realy a change that plugwise would approve of ?

how does this change affect the program?

i thought that plugwise installs with a license key that defines the functions that you are allowed to use. and they can change those "modules" "online" like adding excell export for all those peolpe where this funcyion was accidentaly removed with an update, after plugwise changed their pricing plan to have a cheeper home basic product.

so i asume source checks online witch functions you are alowed to use, based on settings in the dll you mentioned?

wil this change still be active after i install an update of source?
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Tijseling wrote:hmm. i gues this is not realy a change that plugwise would approve of ?
I agree it's questionable. But don't forget you did pay for the product. Just don't expect support from Plugwise for the extended scripting, that's something we have to figure out ourselves, with the documentation that is given.
Tijseling wrote: how does this change affect the program?
The only change is that it now allows the extended script to run. It produces a nice new table next to the power consumption graph on the standard Plugwise demo-page.
Tijseling wrote:wil this change still be active after i install an update of source?
When the update includes a new version of the Plugwise.Images.dll file, the change is simply undone and you have to make the change again. But some updates do not include a new version of the Plugwise.Images.dll file and then it still works.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

i dont know how to edit the file.
i opened it in pspad, en then choose hexopen and picked the file.
it opens with a screen with columns, firts column is the adress, then there are 8 columns, 0001, 0203, 0405, 0607 0809 0a etc, and then "columns" 0123456789abcdef

when i go to 049F8h it doe not read 06 anywhere? after the adres it reads:

FF03 B801 FF03 B401 FF03 C701 FF03 C101
am i looking the wrong way?
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

What is the version of the file? Right click on it in windows explorer and choose properties (eigenschappen) then in one of the tabs it shows the file version.

If it is 2.20.0.0 then you should check at address 0x049f8 (the way pspad writes 49f8h), you can find it on the row that starts with address 0x049f0.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

the version is 2.20.0.0, date changed :11-10-2011-12:23 but maybe that is when i installed it?

pspad writes it without 0x in front of it.

after the adres it writes the line that i posted. i guess that you mean i have to change the value under column 0607 in such way that :

Code: Select all

column:         0001 0203 0405 0607 0809 0A0B 0C0D 0E0F
adress: 049f80: FF03 B801 FF03 B401 FF03 C701 FF03 C101

would become:
                FF03 B801 FF03 1701 FF03 C701 FF03 C101
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

No, you're at address 49f80, you should be at 49f8. That is in the row starting with 49f0.
Then you'll see a value '06' that should be changed to '17'.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

ok, then it probably is that in your original posting about hexediting the .dll, you said to look for adres 49F8h: ?
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Yes, the 'h' means hexadecimal.
So in pspad you should see this:

column:         0001 0203 0405 0607 0809 0A0B 0C0D 0E0F
adress: 0049f0: 0707 2867 0000 0ADC 062A 0000 0110 0000

would become:
                0707 2867 0000 0ADC 172A 0000 0110 0000

Return to “Plugwise Forum”