All Plugwise Source options must be paid for

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

All Plugwise Source options must be paid for

Post by RdP »

Hi,

See https://shop.plugwise.com/source-uitbre ... __store=nl

It looks like PlugWise is trying to earn some extra money for Source options (or let's say a lot of extra money for the unlimited versions)
I hope they protect us long time PlugWise users and let us use at least the current available features.

I think PlugWise is moving into the wrong direction for us home/hobby users :x

/Rien
Rien
Akatar

Re: All Plugwise Source options must be paid for

Post by Akatar »

zooo 240 euro per optie

terwijl scripting altijd standaard onderdeel was, net als meer dan 25 nodes en data export

edit english

what the fuck 250 euro for something we always had
Last edited by Akatar on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: All Source options must be paid for

Post by Bwired »

This can only be for new plugwise users.
Can somebody from plugwise please explain.....
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

with every update some options disappeard, every time i had to mail or call plugwise to get it back.

so i kept:

extended scripting
data export
25-250 nodes

and mulitple networks (was a gift)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Apparently they don't know the meaning of the word "customer". I think they never really understood that concept.
But wait, maybe this is all very beneficial for us, you never know! We've been there before and in the end we were all very pleased, remember?
Or maybe it's time for the check-box solution again, something like: "check this if you want to keep what you paid for, although that will mean you'll lose the right for future upgrades". That would be a real good Plug-wise solution :lol:

Ah well, let's just wait for the response and enjoy our holidays :wink:
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

I payed for a product, they cannot take options away from it. It's like taking the tires away from my car, after I drove in it for 5 years?
groeten,
Harry
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Phaeton wrote:I payed for a product, they cannot take options away from it. It's like taking the tires away from my car, after I drove in it for 5 years?
Hi Harry,

You're right, but they can come with new versions of the Source software with this new license model and if you want to upgrade you have to pay for all the extra's (just like you buy a new car and exchanging the old one). And of course you can keep you're old car and drive in it for years :)

I'm running version 2.24(beta) and it seems like the new model is implemented in this release. But the good News is, that I upgraded from 2.23 and the 25 to 250 nodes and Webserver are automatically licensesed. :)

Let's wait and see what happens....

/Rien
Rien
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

If options are removed they should give a clear warning before an upgrade is carried out.

Prices are even worse as the 1-year 60euro is added to the 240euro if you want a lifetime licence, thus 300euro.
That's a very very high price in my opinion, 60euro lifetime would have me think about it. Also a sliding scale when having multiple licences should be there, as you need for instance the webserver in order to use others.

I was thinking about the 5-min interval and extended-scripting but this will set me back 600euro and that's just not worth it.

On the other hand my v2.23 still has the 25-250nodes, data export and webserver licences and all upgrades kept these without problems so expect the same behaviour when upgrading in the future.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

eeh rdp, i don't think think that buying a new car is the same as getting FREE updates for the source.
the updates are free so you can not remove options en let the costumer buy the same options back

copy paste source license:

Gebruiker ontvangt in ruil voor (de automatische melding over) gratis updates van de Programmatuur zodra deze beschikbaar komen. De
Gebruiker verliest het recht op het ontvangen van gratis updates indien hij het op welke wijze dan ook voor Plugwise onmogelijk maakt om
de in artikel 6.1 genoemde data te ontvangen.
Harry

Post by Harry »

i have the 25-250 nodes, thats is what i can read in sourse but when i try to add i get this

i have made two tickets allready to the help desk a month ago,.....still no response,....normaly they are quik to response.
i am not looking for new features in a update,...but i like to keep the functions i had when i bought it in 2010.
GertK

Post by GertK »

A few months ago, I called the Plugwise servicedesk and explained that I had these possibilities for years. The Plugwise employee checked that and changed my license in their central database. It appears that the Source software checks that central database at startup. After that it worked for me. Before the change to this method Plugwise had no accurate inventory of customer rights and this is the solution they have chosen. Not userfriendly, but your problem can be solved when you call the servicedesk.

Gert
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

Harry wrote:i have the 25-250 nodes, thats is what i can read in sourse but when i try to add i get this

i have made two tickets allready to the help desk a month ago,.....still no response,....normaly they are quik to response.
i am not looking for new features in a update,...but i like to keep the functions i had when i bought it in 2010.

download the last version from their website and it should work fine
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

GertK wrote:A few months ago, I called the Plugwise servicedesk and explained that I had these possibilities for years. The Plugwise employee checked that and changed my license in their central database. It appears that the Source software checks that central database at startup. After that it worked for me. Before the change to this method Plugwise had no accurate inventory of customer rights and this is the solution they have chosen. Not userfriendly, but your problem can be solved when you call the servicedesk.

Gert
they know exactly when every version is sold, so every version after date xx.xx.xx is without options.
this is better, remove every option, the people that complains get it back end for the rest: bad luck, pay if you want youre options back
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

This can not be the way Plugwise operates, i dont beleive that!
- If any new Plugwise source update changes the rules we should be clearly informed upfront
- If we choose not to upgrade the source software we keep the current functions, question is can plugwise stop changing the updates if you not agree with new terms?
- best is that plugwise can change the rules, but only apply those to new costumers and give the needed licenses to current users.

normal way of handling customers is also by informing them via a personal mail or a very clear POP up message during update.
So i really think Plugwise will be flexible with this......

@Reindert: please can you respond to this topic and tell the Plugwise view.
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Are you sure?
This behaviour isn't new for them (read history)
So they had some time already to change things for the better...
Regards, Ron.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”