All Plugwise Source options must be paid for

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Akatar

Re: All Plugwise Source options must be paid for

Post by Akatar »

you must update pieter,

i don't think that source 1.17 can get along with stealth or plugs with new firmware
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

yes of course, if a new firmware is presented, the user can act the same
he updates his firmware and if needed he gets the supported software for this firmware, if rules are adjusted user can choose.
If choose not to update the firmware, existing source software should keep running smoothly.
If the user is asking for support, firmware can become an option and must be upgraded first.

It is complicated also for Plugwise to get the best business model and keep to company running.
But good communication and options to choose is a must have to keep customers happy :)
GertK

Post by GertK »

Pieter,
I wondered why you cannot believe my post. Maybe I should have been more precise to express what the servicedesk told me and what my reaction was. The support employee told that the details of the licenses got lost due to a technical problem. He still could check my licensenumber and the date of delivery. I was very unpleasantly surprised, but he solved my problem. So "Not userfriendly, but your problem can be solved when you call the servicedesk." is my comment, not a Plugwise statement.

Gert
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Ok Gert i was not clear
Of course i believe you, but your problem was solved by plugwise, you got all the licenses back and the software worked as before....right?
So what i mean is that plugwise should solve this with all users who complain.
But we should not have to complain, plugwise should arrange this good or communicate clear.
Thats why my question to Reindert, he is from plugwise and member on this forum too
GertK

Post by GertK »

Pieter,

Thank you for your reaction. I fully agree that Plugwise should do that.

Gert
roheve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: All Source options must be paid for

Post by roheve »

Phaeton wrote:I payed for a product, they cannot take options away from it. It's like taking the tires away from my car, after I drove in it for 5 years?
Unfortunuately, they can [drop features]. But they should communicate it very clearly what options are dropped with each upgrade (and why), before the upgrade. You might choose *not* to upgrade, but in order to support newer firmwares or new modules, that could pose a problem.

I ran into the export function that went missing. They did switch it on (after a mail to their helpdesk), but stil. I only discovered that the function went missing after I upgraded and then could not find it when I wanted to make my kwarterly export, weeks later, and after reading the forum.

Not happy :(

This might be interesting, 5 days to go!
jakkes

Post by jakkes »

i tried to upgrade also to the newest source version... I also get the message about the 25-250 circles... :x
Luckily i made a backup prior to the upgrade, so i reverted the snapshop and got the older version back.

I did sent a mail to plugwise:(sorrym, in dutch...)

Goedendag,

Sinds enige jaren (7-10-2009)ben ik een gebruiker van Plugwise. Mijn license code is xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.
Ik heb reeds meer dan 25 circles in gebruik, met de mogelijkheid van de webserver.
Nu heb ik vandaag mijn Source geupdate, waarna bleek dat ik plotseling niet meer dan 25 circles kan gebruiken.
Gelukkig heb ik de gewoonte een backup te maken..., deze weer terug gezet en nu kan ik alle circles weer benaderen.

Bij het zoeken naar de reden tref ik op de website plotseling de mogelijkheid aan om tegen meerprijs de source uit te breiden met oa meer dan 25 circles, en de webserver...
Die functionaliteit heb ik altijd reeds gehad, en het verbaasd me dan dat ik daar plotseling per jaar voor dien te gaan betalen.... :(

Graag zou ik zien dat ik kan updaten naar de meest recentste versie van Source, waarbij ik gebruik kan blijven maken van alle functionaliteit die ik reeds heb(gehad).

Lets hope for a quick reply....
Harry

Post by Harry »

I have tried 2 times bij mail ,...but no response

i mis the 25-250 nodes and the export function,....but are there more options that were deleted from the latest update?
i try tomorrow to give them a call,...see if they can help me this way. :( :(

**** Dutch******
ik heb het via mail reeds 2 x geprobeerd , maar krijg daar geen reactie op ,...ik heb helaas geen backup van een oude versie......
welke optie's zijn eigenlijk allemaal verdwennen uit de nieuwe update?

ik zelf mis dus de 25-250 nodes optie en de export functie die verdwenen zijn,....
zijn er nog meer optie's die in de eerste versie's wel zaten en nu niet meer?

Ik ga morgen even bellen, mischien dat ik dan wel hulp kan krijgen
roheve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by roheve »

On the plugwise site I see a 'desktop app for windows' which appeard to be a version 1.6.7.

But here in the 'old' source 2.23, I do not get an update message. Is this an entirely different program?

In the configuration, I do see the 25 to 250 circles license (did not notice that option before). My version is 2.23 and when I check for updates, it tells me 'Er zijn geen updates beschikbaar'.
Harry

Post by Harry »

desktop app is a differend program,
roheve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by roheve »

By clicking differenty I found a downloadlink at 'myplugwise' and downloaded a new 2.23 version, but different. Now my 2.23 is a september version instead of the march version. Looks the same, through.
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

They look the same, only the version number is different :)
For the 25+ modules u need to send a email with for example the license code.
Then they check when it is registered (when u install Source it check's the code with there server)
Before a certain date the 25+ modules is free, the new codes need to pay for the option.
yjb

Post by yjb »

I can understand that they are changing their business model over time, but generally speaking I'm not really sure if it is legal to take functionality away from existing customers. It's very important that a company creates a trust relationship with their customers; they made the mistake once (by using our data for "other purposes"), and it seems that they did not really learn from this.

Beyond that:
What I really do not understand is the logic behind the charge for 25+ modules. If they were only selling the software, I can understand that they want to get some extra revenue when someone is using the software more intensively; I've seen the same model at other software vendors. But since Plugwise is also selling the hardware, they need to make sure that the hardware associated revenue (i.e. the sales price of a plug) is making up for the extra software utilization.

I'm also wondering if Reinder is ever going to comment on this thread; his profile shows a last login of almost 2 months ago.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Agree, im still expecting a formal reacting from Plugwise, Plugwise is also using this forum to make announcements etc.
So this plugwise forum works both ways.
Again its very strange losing functions without any way of communicating to the user. And needing to send a mail to get the functions back is not a good way.
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

Maybe if we all use our twitterscript to ask Plugwise for an explanation (let's say every 10 minutes) they will react faster... :D
**Jeroen**

Return to “Plugwise Forum”