Use PIR-2050 for ON (not OFF)

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
sj3fk3

Use PIR-2050 for ON (not OFF)

Post by sj3fk3 »

I've got an PIR-2050 connected to an ACD-1000 Stekkerdoos schakelaar that switches an outdoor (light). I also want to turn that light ON at a set time (works via rfxcom and domotiga). This all works fine, UNTIL the light gets activated by the PIR.. It stays on for the set time and then the PIR-2050 switches the ACD-1000 OFF.

Is there a hack to let the PIR-2050 only switch ON and not OFF (after a set time)?

Also the KaKu ACD-1000 is that it does not communicate it's current state (with RFXcom) otherwise I could force it ON again..
Kind Regards,
Greg.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Use PIR-2050 for ON (not OFF)

Post by b_weijenberg »

It does not matter if you know the state of the ACD-1000, you can transmit an ON command without any problem.

For KAKU dimmers it is another story: if you transmit an ON while the dimmer is ON the dimmer will start a dim cycling. To avoid this send set dim level 95% or set level 0xF
sj3fk3

Post by sj3fk3 »

b_weijenberg wrote:It does not matter if you know the state of the ACD-1000, you can transmit an ON command without any problem.
No it is a problem for my setup. I could have domotiga check if the light is OFF and if so turn it ON, but because the PIR has switched it OFF.. Domotiga still see's the light as ON (and I don't want to send the ON signal every minute).

What I could do is detect the OFF signal the PIR sends and then let Domotiga send ON again (between a certain time).

What I want is the light to be always ON between say 17:00 and 20:00 after that time it can function on the PIR alone..
Kind Regards,
Greg.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

b_weijenberg wrote:For KAKU dimmers it is another story: if you transmit an ON while the dimmer is ON the dimmer will start a dim cycling. To avoid this send set dim level 95% or set level 0xF
Thanks Bert for this solution. Sometimes it is just to simple to think off.
I had this annoying 'problem' for some time now. Hopefully it clears it this way.
Bram
OWK

Post by OWK »

This all works fine, UNTIL the light gets activated by the PIR.. It stays on for the set time and then the PIR-2050 switches the ACD-1000 OFF.
Could it be that the PIR is not under control by Domotiga?
In that case you should do so.

You can control the PIR trigger with a condition in time or the lamp already being On to ignore.

Regards
OWK
Domotiga
Cubietruck, Ubuntu server 1.0.2
RFXcom LAN, home brew ground plane antenna
KaKu
sj3fk3

Post by sj3fk3 »

OWK wrote:
This all works fine, UNTIL the light gets activated by the PIR.. It stays on for the set time and then the PIR-2050 switches the ACD-1000 OFF.
Could it be that the PIR is not undercontrol by Domotiga?
In that case you should do so.
You can control the PIR trigger with (a time) condition or the lamp already being On.
Regards
OWK
Yeah I see what you mean. Instead of directly connecting the PIR with the switch as I have done now, use the PIR trigger to trigger the light via Domotiga. Not a bad idea at all :) But can I do some sort of timer with Domotiga as well for the other cases (when I do want it to switch off after a couple of minutes)?
Kind Regards,
Greg.

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”