HomeEasy master/slave dimmers

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
Commodore White
Starting Member
Starting Member

HomeEasy master/slave dimmers

Post by Commodore White »

Hi. some time ago I bought some HE dimmers type He108. I want to use some of them in a 2-way application (upstairs/downstairs)

The instruction say I need two types of dimmer, a master and a slave. I assume the he108 is OK as a master but try as I may, I can't find even a part number for a slave let alone anyone selling a slave dimmer.

Perhaps I've got it wrong and the one device will act as either master or slave, that is, it'll work as long as I only pair to one of them which becomes master leaving the other (unpaired) device to act as slave.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.
AshaiRey

Re: HomeEasy master/slave dimmers

Post by AshaiRey »

Why not just assign both of them to the same lamp.
One dimmer at the lamp and two switches that each can control the dimmer
Bram
Commodore White
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: DS90: two sensors in one?

Post by Commodore White »

Doesn't help. The objective is that both dimmers are wired in parallel. You the wire the pair in series with the load. You should be able to change the brightness locally from either dimmer and turn the load/lights off and on.

Oh yes, you can dim them wirelessly too.

I think the issue is that one of the pair is designated master and the other as slave.

---

Wirelessly what I'd like to be able to do is set their brightness to 50% say at night so that if someone switches them on by hand, they don't dazzle you but you could make them brighter if you want. Also, a pir could turn the lights on at night but they'd come off at their programmed intensity ( that is, the last level of intensity they were set to)

I'll see if I have a spare he108 that I can sacrifice one to a test, however, I rather not risk blowing up one if someone else can share their experience.

Regards
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

I see. I thought you did i wireless.
If it's wireless you just can do it like i discribed. (i do the same here with KaKu)
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Why not use one dimmer with load and one wireless paddle as controller for the dimmer on the other location?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”