HowTo Fritzbox 7170 and plugin setup

Alles m.b.t. de Fritzbox plugin van Robert Hekkers overgenomen door Rien du Pre(DUTCH forum)

Moderator: RdP

AshaiRey

HowTo Fritzbox 7170 and plugin setup

Post by AshaiRey »

Here's my experience in getting the plugin working together with a Fritzbox 7170

For this to get it work you need:
- The plugin (obviously) - Get the latest version from this forum
- Fritzbox 7170
- Analog phone
- Ethernet cable
- Maybe some cable making skills

First get the plugin, install it but don't activate it yet.

The Fritzbox i had was a use one, pasword protected, no cables and no information about settings.

If the Fritzbox is password protected then first reset the Fritzbox to factory settings.
To do so connect the analog telephone to the Fritzbox and call #991*15901590*
This takes about 30 seconds to finish
While you have the analog telephone still connected make 2 other calls to active settings
First active the call log by doing #96*5*
Next active telnet access with #96*7*

Connect the Fritzbox to your computer with the ethernet cable.
Assign you computer an ip address in the 169.254.1.xx range for example 169.254.1.2
Now you can access the Fritzbox setting by opening a webbrowser an go to 169.254.1.1
Change the IP address of the Fritzbox to reflect your home network.
Don't put a password on the fritzbox yet to ease plugin configuration
Save your settings and shut down Fritzbox
Edit: I've added the ip address of the FB to my hosts file to connect it to Fritz.box

Remove the Fritzbox from your computer, connect it to your network and turn it on
Re-apply your network settings to your computer and make sure that it is in you home network again.
Use a web browser to connect to your Fritzbox to check if things are working.
Open a comand prompt on your HS machine and verify that you can telnet to <ip address of Fritzbox> 1012 ( thats port 1012)
If you can't then disable the firewall. If this solves it turn back on the firewall and open ports for Telnet.
Ps, Telnet is disabled by default on Windows 7. Use google to see how to enable it.

Now enable the plugin.
You might get some error but they disappear if you disable and enable the plugin again.
If you still get trouble the look in the HS root folder for the FBF.log file what's going on
You might need to enable logging first. I you can't do it in the interface you might be lucky doing it in the config\FBF.ini file (DebugMode=True)
A bunch of device are created for you.
Resolve any issues you might have.

Next is where it is all about, phone calls.
You must connect the phone line to the Fritzbox. I have a Ziggo modem that splits the line in a DSL and a telephone part internally. On the back of my modem i just have phone out. This is where i connect, in my case, my dect base station. You can't connect this directly to the Fritzbox. You must use a so called y-cable for this. If you haven't then you can buy one online of do what i did and make one yourself.

The telephone connection cable
The cable is just 2 wires with at one end a RJ11 and on the other end a RJ45 connector. You can choose what to use, a ethernet cable (RJ45) or a telephone cable (RJ11).
I had some spare RJ11 connectors and a tool to squeese those to a cable so i took an old ethernet cable en cut of one RJ45 connector

Here you can see how it's done ziggo-gebruikers.nl/forum/showpost.php? ... ostcount=7
In short
Look at the front side of the connetor (wires facing away from you) with the lip on the upper side.
Now the most left pin is number 1
Connect (RJ45) pin 3 to (RJ11) pin 3
Connect (RJ45) pin 6 to (RJ11) pin 2
After pressing the cable use some hot glue to secure the wires in place. That's all about the cable.

I have no idea yet about what's the preverred setting on the Fritzbox to make thing run smoothly so that's open for further discussion
Last edited by AshaiRey on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bram
Broes

Re: HowTo Fritzbox 7170 and plugin setup

Post by Broes »

Hi Bram,

Thank you for your detailed description.
My intention is to connect my 7270 to HS but I have a blazing question.
I have a FB, a phone, an ethernet cable but where can I find the plugin :?: :roll: :?:
I searched over and over again but apparently I overlook something.

Regards,
Peter
Peter
HW: Arduino/Fritzbox/Oregon/RFXCom/Squeezebox/Z-wave
SW: HS3/Arduino/Buienradar/Jon00(several)/HSMetro/Netcam/P1/RFXCom/Squeezebox/Z-wave
Broes

Post by Broes »

Forget about my last post just found version 1.0.2.0.
Sometimes it is difficult to read between the lines :oops:

Next challenge is to get the plugin installed in HS...
Peter
SW: HS3/Arduino/Buienradar/Jon00(several)/HSMetro/Netcam/P1/RFXCom/Squeezebox/Z-wave
Broes

Post by Broes »

The good thing is that I did manage to install the plugin in HS :)
The bad part is that HS crashes as soon as I enable the plugin :(

What I did to install the plugin:
1. Download the rar file
2. Unzip the file in a temporary directory
3. Stop Homeseer
4. Copy the following files to destination:
All files in the /bin directory to <homeseer dir>/bin
/data/FBF/FBF.mdb to <homeseer dir>/data/FBF
All files in the /html directory to <homeseer dir>/html
/hspi_FBF.dll to <homeseer dir>
5. Restart Homeseer
6. Enable plugin

The Error I received:
27-4-2013 21:58:00
De index ligt buiten de matrixgrenzen.
HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.49
Source: HSPI_FBF
Target: System.String AccessMethod()
Stack trace:

Code: Select all

bij HSPI_FBF.FritzBox.AccessMethod()
   bij HSPI_FBF.FritzBox.GetPrefixes()
   bij HSPI_FBF.FritzBox..ctor(String IP, String password)
   bij HSPI_FBF.HSPI.GetFBInfo()
   bij System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bij System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Did I make a mistake with the installation of the plugin?
I have a FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7270 v2 with Firmware-Version 54.05.06.
Peter
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Maybe you need the latest version of homeseer to fully support the plugin (i haven't tried yet but i'm running 2.5.0.80 if i'm not mistaking
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Nope, the Plugin should work with any 2.x version of HS (although this is not tested, :wink: )
Any HS version that was released after first appearance of the Plugin can be considered tested (although not by me, :lol: )
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Today i have tested the plugin and it seems to work with version 2.5.0.80

How ever my FritzBox has issues with oneway voice between the FritzBox (Trying to replace my speedtouch 780 whitch is currently playing for ATA) and Asterisk SIP sever for now i`m only using it as callerID which is quite power inefficient (there is a sip callerID plugin available)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Broes

Post by Broes »

Just upgraded to version 2.5.0.80 (not that I don't trust you Robert but I wanted to upgrade anyway :wink: ).
The difference with the previous version (2.5.0.49) is that the error popup shows 7 lines instead of 10.
I'm not sure if I can call this progress :?

29-4-2013 23:49:02
De index ligt buiten de matrixgrenzen.
HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.80
Source: HSPI_FBF
Target: System.String AccessMethod()
Stack trace:
bij HSPI_FBF.FritzBox.AccessMethod()
bij HSPI_FBF.FritzBox.GetPrefixes()
bij HSPI_FBF.FritzBox..ctor(String IP, String password)
bij HSPI_FBF.HSPI.GetFBInfo()
bij System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bij System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Peter
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Is dit niet de melding dat hij fritz.box niet kan vinden? Die melding kreeg ik namelijk bij de eerste keer starten en heb ik opgelost door "192.168.110.2222 fritz.box" in het windows hosts bestand op te nemen (c:\windows\system32\drivers'\etc\hosts)
Broes

Post by Broes »

In het host bestand heb ik de verwijzing naar mijn Fritzbox opgenomen maar maar er veranderde niets in de foutmelding.
Wat ik nu wel gezien heb is onderstaande foutmelding op het moment dat ik de "Fritz!Box FON CallMonitor" aanroep vanuit Homeseer (daarna crasht HS).
De file "FBF.aspx" had ik abusievelijk onder gebracht in de "HomeSeer HSPRO\html\bin\" dir i.p.v. "HomeSeer HSPRO\html\FBF\" :oops:
Dus de plugin is nu geactiveerd en ik kan er mee aan de slag.
Iedereen bedankt voor het meedenken en excuses dat ik jullie op het verkeerde spoor gezet heb met mijn post over hoe ik het een en ander dacht geinstalleerd te hebben.
Lesson learnt; eerst de installatie procedure nog een keer over doen!

Serverfout in toepassing /.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
De bron kan niet worden gevonden.
Beschrijving: HTTP 404. Mogelijk is de door u gezochte bron (of een afhankelijkheid daarvan) verwijderd of tijdelijk niet beschikbaar, of is de naam ervan veranderd. Controleer de spelling van de volgende URL.
Aangevraagde URL: /fbf/fbf.aspx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Versiegegevens: Microsoft .NET Framework Versie:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Versie:2.0.50727.5456
Peter
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Ik heb niet echt een installatie procedure gevonden maar heb gewoon de zip uitgepakt in de homeseer map. Na een herstart kon ik de plugin inschakelen
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

raymonvdm wrote:Ik heb niet echt een installatie procedure gevonden maar heb gewoon de zip uitgepakt in de homeseer map. Na een herstart kon ik de plugin inschakelen
Tja, sommige hebben gewoon geluk, andere iets minder.. :)
Bram
strongetje

Post by strongetje »

hallo,

heb sinds een week ook een fritzbox, de 7360.
heb de plugin geïnstalleerd, en werkte goed.
vandaag heb ik de homeseer pc opnieuw op laten starten en krijg nu de zelfde foutmelding als hierboven vermeld.
kan de plugin niet disablen, want homeseer hangt al voor ik de disable knop kan indrukken.
enige wat ik kan doen is de gehele plugin files verwijderen.
waar kan het nog aan liggen ?.

p.s. gebruik homeseer versie 2.5.0.49 en FB FW 111.05.51

bvd voor de info
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

De plugin kan niet overweg met de nieuwste FB firmware 5.51.
Waarschijnlijk tussendoor deze update geinstalleerd? Het blijft dan werken totdat je inderdaad HS herstart.
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Rutger heeft het prima verwoord.

Voor alle slachtoffers die na een firmware update van de Fritz opeens met problemen kampen het volgende:
Ik ben nog (steeds) bezig met een stukje renovatie hierzo. Dat moet eerst afgerond zijn voordat ik weer tijd krijg om aan de Plugin te werken zodat 'ie het ook weer doet met de nieuwste firmware.
Probleem is bekend, oplossing is ook al ergens genoemd, dus dat komt allemaal heus wel weer goed maar het duurt dus nog eventjes....

Return to “Homeseer Fritz!box Plugin Forum”