Washing Machine - Ready

Forum over Homeseer scripts (DUTCH forum)

Moderators: TANE, Ruud

raymonvdm

Washing Machine - Ready

Post by raymonvdm »

In the past i tried to achieve the following solution but without success

I want to notify the wife of our washing machine status, she always forgets to empty it after it is finished. The washing machine is plugged into a Plugwise module and the power usage is 2 or 3 watt when idle.

I created an event:

Code: Select all

Name: Washing Machine is Ready
Cannot Retrigger for: 3600 seconds
Trigger Type: Device Value Change
Select Days: All Days
Apply Conditions: Device "Wasmachine Plugwise" value does not equal 0
Device Value: "Wasmachine Plugwise" less than 20 
Action: Send email to wife@domain.net

but i think there is a better way to do this using a script. Does anyone uses a script ? And do you take in account the moment when the washing machine is waiting for "inweken" and the power usage drops to 3 watt it will also notify and therefore sends a false positive

I also would like to have a second script to remind her of the washing machine status

Code: Select all

If device status is 2 or 3 watt for at least 2hrs send notify, but this is not possible using events. And because of the toggling between 2 and 3 watts on idle i cannot use "device status changed" field
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Washing Machine - Ready

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

I use this for me washingmachine, dryer and dishwasser, in HS3 by utilizing timers, and only checking the timer is running and power is less then for X minutes.

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

I do something like this.
Make virtual device and turn that On when your plugwise device > 4W and off when below that
Now you can trigger an event with the condition 'at least'
When you use a time of something like 20 min. it will cover the false trigger too for 'inweken'
wasm.png
wasm.png (10.53 KiB) Viewed 9095 times
The value equals 0 condition is there to trigger this event only once. In the action list of this event i set the device value to 50 so this event won't trigger again.
When the washing maschine is started again this value is set back to 0
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I just made a similar setup but without the condition because it has hung up homeseer in the past, and therefore i`m not using conditions

Full Version
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Homeseer Scripts Forum”