what touchscreen to use

Forum about all kind of Touchpanels & Displays.
arccch
Starting Member
Starting Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by arccch »

Hi all.

I am looking for a touchscreen for my beginning domotica system. i am using some x10 and zwave apliances and i am happy about them but know i want to use a touchscreen with it to control the house. My mind about the software is set to HS with HSTouch but know i am looking for a touchscreen and i am wondering what are you guys using
- a normal computer and touchscreen attached to it
- a touchscreen with build in computer
- something else

thanks for the info so far
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by drmacchi »

Many solutions: the best for me is a pc , with touchscreen and HStouch , problems : one pc in every room ----> hw costs and energy bill high ! , same touchscreen with build in computer , the best could be a portable device like an Iphone or similar with a good software interface done with Hstouch , Rover or similar. You take it with you in every room........... even in bathroom if you need it ! :) :) :) (joke!)
Cooma
Starting Member
Starting Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by Cooma »

Hi, have you checked out this: www.linuxmce.org
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

what touchscreen to use

Post by TANE »

There are some rumors about the new Apple tablet PC.
This device will be a kind of big Iphone with 10" screen.
If the rumors are true this will be the best touch screen for HS

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
arccch
Starting Member
Starting Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by arccch »

thnx all i will check that linux link out in the couple of days and thnx to chak for that rumor info. i will keep that in mind.
AshaiRey

what touchscreen to use

Post by AshaiRey »

Nintendo DS is an option too.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by drmacchi »

How do you manage Homeseer with Nintendo? Thanks.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

what touchscreen to use

Post by Snelvuur »

it has a browser, but i looked into it too.. but in the end i think its not handy. You can start up a browser, but you cant write a native app easily on it. (looked into that too) however, startup times and such are really fast (wifi too) there is a tool out there where you can write apps/games for it and also with http gets in it over wifi (which you could use for homeseer) but again, too much hassle.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by drmacchi »

Ok, very clear ! we really need a handy device, with full support of WWWW , flash , and java. does is exist?
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by r_255 »

Recently i reinstalled my gps with wifi and after some cosmetic changes in the hstouch interface this runs fine for a few weeks now.

Its nice to control your complete house from one touch screen in theory, but in practice you would like to have as much control points as possible at a low energy consumption and also a factor are other inhabitants that have to control the system. Keep that in mind while designing.

Sure hstouch on wince doesnt run flawless at all points, but as multiple light switch it runs perfect and better than expected after all negative things about hstouch.

For full control, audio and status info on anything the best advise i can give is as much size and resolution money can buy.
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by drmacchi »

TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

what touchscreen to use

Post by TANE »

one of the photoshop photos..:)

we have to wait till 8 September.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver
http://twitter.com/Chak64%20My%20Domoti ... dware.html<i> My Domotica Hardware Software</i></font id="size1">
arccch
Starting Member
Starting Member

what touchscreen to use

Post by arccch »

ok little update. i have tried the linuxmce for a few days and what i have seen it isnt that bad but i didnt like it as much as i thought. it looks nice but i couldnt get the click i had with mediaportal although there are a few points wich are better with linuxmce. just to say thats my opinion.

Still stands the question: if i am using Homeseer then i would use a computer with a touchscreen (at least one in the future that will be two) i dont want very big screens but just small ones that dont really are insight something like a 8 or 10 inch. also i dont wanna use a big desktop computer but a nice small computer with low energyconsumption but i think you all do that so you can answer the question wich one is that?

greetings from Almelo
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

what touchscreen to use

Post by Rene »

I am playing with a SunRay 2 to connect my touchscreen. A SunRay is a thin client and you need a server to connect to over the network and to run your applications. A SunRay 2 will costs you approx. 200-250 Euro's but it has a small footprint and it's power usage is only 4W.

Rene.
mhn

what touchscreen to use

Post by mhn »

If you want low power consumption this one look nice. :-) http://fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Return to “Touchpanels, Displays & UMPC devices.”