Best z-wave controller

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Best z-wave controller

Post by Phaeton »

The last couple of years i have been using Homey, Homeseer, Domotics for home automation. All these controllers have their own plusses and minusses. Up to a couple of updates ago Homey worked fine. Now every update z-wave goes south in performance and experience. Slow updates and responses. Earlier Homeseer was not open to add specific code for (amongst others) Fibaro devices.

Now it is 2018. I am wondering: what is, according to your experience, the controller which supports z-wave best? I use fibaro and qubino modules. What modules do you use?

I have Googled, visited loads of fora but i am looking for more objective opinions.
groeten,
Harry
Akatar

Re: Best z-wave controller

Post by Akatar »

In my case i am using fibaro hc2 for zwave and homeseer for the fun stuff

every zwave device i own works (so far) with fibaro so i have no problems with this controller.
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Anyone else?
** edwin **
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Maybe I can pitch in. I hoped for more information here but the last time the forum seems to be less crowded and where there is action it's about OTGW and Toon.

I have bit the bullet and returned to Homeseer from Homey for my z-wave network. And it is way better! Homeseer came from a long way. Especially the support for fibaro and aeotec is ok. Even some settings in the config tab instead of only the parameters option. I have to say the network (in this house) has never been this stable. Even the Aeotec motion sensor report faster which is very nice since my mind now doesnt have to wonder when the lights will switch on. Yes, homeseer looks like something from the nineties but it's stil good. I think I'll keep homey for the rest and my z-wave @ homeseer. I now use Http request to have them communicate and this works well.

So my cents;
Homey for z-wave --> nope
Homeseer --> Yep
groeten,
Harry
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Thnx for info. Got the same impression from the forum, guess a lot are on the homeseer forum.
For zwave, good to hear. I assume that's HS3. Was also looking for domoticz but got everything for HS.
** edwin **

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”