Plugwise Compatibility

Forum and Topics about ZigBee devices.

Moderators: Digit, Willem4ever

xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Plugwise Compatibility

Post by xAPPO »

I'm not too well versed technically on ZigBee but I have been considering adding the XBee modules to an embedded networked domotica controller that I have designed for xAP, HomeVision, 1-wire and C-Bus.

I already have a large investment in the ZigBee based Plugwise modules (30+) and what i wanted to ask is what level of compatibility, if any, might be between these devices ? Might the devices cooperate in a mesh network such that I can use my housewide coverage to link two XBee modules for example ? Will my problem be the configuration ie associating devices with the mesh if they are from different vendors ? Or should I just treat the Plugwise network as just inaccessible to other ZigBee modules ?

edit: Reading another post here maybe I need to use the XBee ZB Series 2 modules as they seem to implement the non proprietory Digi meshing ?

K
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Plugwise Compatibility

Post by Digit »

Or should I just treat the Plugwise network as just inaccessible to other ZigBee modules ?
My answer to this question would be yes; i also have Plugwise, but there's no interaction between my ZigBee nodes and those from Plugwise.
Haven't done anything to try this either, i must say.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

Do you use or have you ever tried the XBee ZB modules or are you using the XBee proprietory mesh versions, in which case I might expect them to be independent ?

K
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I'm using XB24-ZB and XBP24-ZB modules:
Capture18-7-2010-10.53.41.png
Capture18-7-2010-10.53.41.png (19.84 KiB) Viewed 7554 times

Return to “ZigBee Forum”