ELV MAX! protocol description

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

pbrand

Re: ELV MAX! protocol description

Post by pbrand »

The M message is described at the start of the topic in the first item. It also describes where the rf address is.

I have also described the M message at my blog so you could take a look there also (adreamerslair.nl/2014/02/eq-3-max-cube- ... he-m-word/)

All the indivdual bytes are mentioned, so I'm not sure which part is unclear to you?
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi,

i have corrected my byte constellation and everything works. The H/M command i have evaluated.
Now I have to evaluate the C/L command. Then i will then give me the send command.
Soon to my problem in general. I have been programming all in a PLC system. The development environment is of 3S Smart Software Solutions. The difficult part is that I can not perform dynamic memory allocation. But it goes anyway.
Maybe I report back later when it comes to the other commands.

Thank you first in advance

MacToolz
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi,

how can I detect a change in state of a device eg of a window contact.

Thanks

MacToolz
mike7

Post by mike7 »

Found Lock Manual Controls (0x80) command in Homegear wiki. Set payload to 1 or 0 for LOCK or UNLOCK.
mike7

Post by mike7 »

mactoolz wrote: how can I detect a change in state of a device eg of a window contact.
You have 2 options:
- periodically request the cube
- use RF sniffer
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hi

which device would be suitable for this

periodic connection to the max cube does not work. when every second the connection degrades and crashes the cube ...

Mactoolz
mike7

Post by mike7 »

mactoolz wrote:Hi

which device would be suitable for this

periodic connection to the max cube does not work. when every second the connection degrades and crashes the cube ...

Mactoolz
If you are talking about RF Sniffer, I can suggest you to start here domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=66& ... amp;t=7015
I'm using RF22 with arduino https://github.com/matthijskooijman/arduino-max, don't forget to implement the patch domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=66& ... =15#p61667
Also you can take a look to FHEM and Homegear

I have no issues with connection to the cube, only one connection can be opened at the same time, on connect you will get response in form of H message. I suggest you to not pull cube very often
erik_bies
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by erik_bies »

You can actually get many updates, even once/second if you really want.
In that case you should send l commands, without breaking the connection.
The Cube will respond with an L response.

If you want the whole message, make sure you properly close the connection before attempting another one. Also don;t have 2 local apps query the cube at the same time as one will close the connection of the other.
mactoolz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mactoolz »

Hello there,

i'm just back to my project it. How can I recognize the dee Ecotaster been pressed.

thx

Mactoolz
Massi

Post by Massi »

do some test. As far as i can remember, the info is not in the ecoswitch entry, but in the cube entry. Strange..
i never decoded that (not useful for me)
dmitry-kazakov
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dmitry-kazakov »

Hi there. I want to announce an implementation of the MAX! stack and home automation native (not web-based) GUI.

The implementation of the stack is here

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/compon ... ube_Client

The stack is driven by a connection handler which can share same thread for many connections and other stacks (e.g. HTTP etc), which is essential for small embedded platforms. Both Windows and Linux are supported. VxWorks would be no problem as well. The software is packaged for Debian and Fedora Linux for i686, x64, ARM. Supported are the commands described above (L, M, H, S, s), including uploading of the thermostat schedule. The license is GM GPL, i.e. you can use and modify the source code.

The GUI is here:

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/max_ho ... mation.htm

It is based on GTK 3.8.3 and compatible with higher versions, e.g. GTK 3.10.x. The GUI is packaged for Windows (msi-installer) and Debian/Fedora Linux (deb, rpm packages). The license is GPL.

Improvement and extension suggestions are welcome.
jesperlykke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jesperlykke »

Hi here...

I am starting to say this, if no one else discovered that :
Nice program, you made here dmitry !
The program is working with wine under Ubuntu 14.04 btw...

Well. I have a quistion, which i was hoping someone here could answer?, which has nothing to do with dmitry's program.

I have made a Raspberry pi, full blown with house automation.
I have a lot things running and working now (Running Domoticz, and some python and Bash scripts along), but i miss a way to control my MAX!Cube / Thermostat's via preferable commandline/scripts.

I use for now, the EQ3 app, and dmitry's program to control my heating.
I got 1 Cube and 4 thermostat+, 1 ecoswitch and 1 windowcontact in our house here in DK.

I can read a lot about protocol's and controlling MAX with openhab, fhem etc... also there are lot's of protocols and api's on github, but it's very hard to understand what exactly to do, to make it work.

Was hoping someone here can tell me a way to do this ??

I have to tell also, that i have been a Linux guy for a lot of year's, so i understand the working of this OS, also i have for several years been "playing" with raspberry pi's, having both my domoticz control, and a diy squeezebox player working for everyday use.

Best. Rgds; Jesper.

Link to a Domoticz thread i created : domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&a ... amp;t=9138
MarnixT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MarnixT »

you're picture of domoticz in an ELV max topic got me triggered. As I just found out Dmitry also provided HTTP automation with the client which allows for integration with Domoticz (e.g. using node-red and/or MQTT).

You did not yet try to run the programs on the PI itself, did you?

when I find the time I would like to start experimenting as well.
jesperlykke wrote:Hi here...

I am starting to say this, if no one else discovered that :
Nice program, you made here dmitry !
The program is working with wine under Ubuntu 14.04 btw...

Well. I have a quistion, which i was hoping someone here could answer?, which has nothing to do with dmitry's program.

I have made a Raspberry pi, full blown with house automation.
I have a lot things running and working now (Running Domoticz, and some python and Bash scripts along), but i miss a way to control my MAX!Cube / Thermostat's via preferable commandline/scripts.

I use for now, the EQ3 app, and dmitry's program to control my heating.
I got 1 Cube and 4 thermostat+, 1 ecoswitch and 1 windowcontact in our house here in DK.

I can read a lot about protocol's and controlling MAX with openhab, fhem etc... also there are lot's of protocols and api's on github, but it's very hard to understand what exactly to do, to make it work.

Was hoping someone here can tell me a way to do this ??

I have to tell also, that i have been a Linux guy for a lot of year's, so i understand the working of this OS, also i have for several years been "playing" with raspberry pi's, having both my domoticz control, and a diy squeezebox player working for everyday use.

Best. Rgds; Jesper.

Link to a Domoticz thread i created : domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&a ... amp;t=9138
jesperlykke
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jesperlykke »

Hi !
MarnixT wrote:you're picture of domoticz in an ELV max topic got me triggered. As I just found out Dmitry also provided HTTP automation with the client which allows for integration with Domoticz (e.g. using node-red and/or MQTT).

You did not yet try to run the programs on the PI itself, did you?

when I find the time I would like to start experimenting as well.
Thanks for answering... Actually i did not try to install the fine program, which dmitry wrote on my Pi!; as i wrote i installed it without problems on my ubuntu laptop, with the "wine" windows emulator. I did not try to install the Linux native, as i found it much easier to just grap the windows package.
If you look, at button of this reply, you see a picture of a perfect working application :) -I did not try the http stuff yet through, but i am sure it will work.

Anyway, i am looking for a simple way to proceed a command to adjust the valves.
I tried to make som curl/telnet calls, but i cant figure out, what to write, and how.

Here is a pastout of a curl call :

Code: Select all

jesper@JesperHP:~$ curl http://192.168.1.127:62910 
H:LEQ1325887,115473,0113,00000000,74496c4d,04,32,100112,122e,02,0001
M:00,01,VgIEAQxTb3ZldsOmcmVsc2URSHYCEkpvc2VmaW5lcyB2w6ZyZWxzZRFH6gMSRnJlZGVyaWtzIHbDpnJlbHNlEUgCBARTdHVlEUdJBQUBuHtKRVEwMzA2NjM5DEVjbyBTd2l0Y2ggMQACEUh2TEVRMTMzMDUxMgxTb3ZldsOmcmVsc2UBAhFHSUxFUTEzMzAyMTUEU3R1ZQQCEUfqTEVRMTMzMDM3NhNKb3NlZmluZSdzIHbDpnJlbHNlAgIRSAJMRVExMzMwNDAwE0ZyZWRlcmlrJ3MgdsOmcmVsc2UDAQ==
C:115473,7RFUcwATAf9MRVExMzI1ODg3AQsABEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAsABEAAAAAAAAAAQQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGh0dHA6Ly9tYXguZXEtMy5kZTo4MC9jdWJlADAvbG9va3VwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAENFVAAACgADAAAOEENFU1QAAwACAAAcIA==
C:114749,0hFHSQIEEABMRVExMzMwMjE1KiI9CQcYAzAM/wBESFMaRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIERIUw5FIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRD9MbESoUxRFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBEP0xsRKhTFEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEQ/TGxEqFMURSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRD9MbESoUxRFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBEP0xsRKhTFEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIA==
C:114802,0hFIAgIDEP9MRVExMzMwNDAwKiI9CQcYAzAM/wBESFUIRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIERIVQhFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgREhUbESoVQVFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBESFRsRKhVBUUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIERIVGxEqFUFRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgREhUbESoVQVFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBESFRsRKhVFEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIA==
C:01b87b,EQG4ewUAEg9KRVEwMzA2NjM5
C:114876,0hFIdgIBEP9MRVExMzMwNTEyKiI9CQMYAzAM/wBESERtRHhU/0UgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIERIRG1EeFT8RSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRD9EbkS1VP5FIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBEP0RtRLRU/kUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEQ/RG1EtFT+RSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRD9EbUS0VP5FIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBESERtRKhU/EUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIA==
C:1147ea,0hFH6gICEP9MRVExMzMwMzc2KiI9CQUYAzAM/wBESFUIRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIERIVQhFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgREhUbESoVQVFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBESFRsRKhVBUUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIERIVGxEqFUFRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgREhUbESoVQVFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBESFRsRKhVFEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIEUgRSBFIA==
L:CxFHSQkSGA8qAAAACxFIAgkSGAAqAAAABgG4ewkSEAsRSHYJEhgKKgDhAAsRR+oJEhgQKgAAAA==
I don't know howto make executing commands and soo on, and what to write.... I tried different but it dont seems to work!

All i actually need is to set the valves (4pcs), so that i can control the heating with my presence detection... controlling ecoswitch and windowssensor etc... would ofcause just be a nice bonus!

I see, that it might be possible to install another server at my pi, and maybee control it with that? -But i really prefer if possible to have it simple.

So once again i kindly ask, if someone here knows a simple way of archiving that ?

Rgds; Jesper.

dmitry-kazakov
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dmitry-kazakov »

A quick question. Is there an interest in MQTT server for MAX! Home automation? Please mail me at mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de if you want it the new release.

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”