ELV Max! Room thermostat

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

pbrand

Re: ELV Max! Room thermostat

Post by pbrand »

blake7 wrote:I've not read through the complete forum yet but I was hoping there was a way to ping the Cube / TRV / Room Thermostat to see if it will reply with the actual temperature from each device and then build up a history over time. Will see how the current setting gets on. Thanks again.
Several people have already built some stuff on the forum here, blake (give my regards to Avon and Villa by the way :mrgreen: ) to report temperature and valve settings.

I myself am busy building a max! gateway which translates the max! messages to MQTT and vice versa. I know some have already done this with node.js apps.

Another module which I have to convert from the old FHT80b system, is a google calendar based heating system. With some build in intelligence to get the room at the correct temperature at the correct time (I do this by entering the delta T for each room, e.g. how many degrees per hour a room gets warmer when the valve is open and then use this in a preheating algorithm).

You could also have a look at fhem, which seems reasonably popular. I you want it more straightaway you could look at software like max buddy. With this app you can see the actual valve openings and the software has some sort of periodic export facility with which you could export valve settings (and temperatures as reported from the thermostat) to csv and then process the data in excel or so. But the latter is in german only, and I can't say I'm very thrilled with the UI and usiblity 8)

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”