ELV Max! Radio Signal Protocol 868.3MHz

Forum about the home automation suites by ELV etc

Moderator: jrkalf

matthijskooijman

Re: ELV Max! Radio Signal Protocol 868.3MHz

Post by matthijskooijman »

Copying the README would be fine, AFAICS you have then fulfilled the only condition in the MIT license, which is to include the license notice in all "copies or substantial portions" of the software.

Alternatively, I hereby give you permission to redistribute my RF22-related source files under the Apache 2.0 license or any other license you see fit, under the sole condition that you at least indicate my copyright somewhere in your project (a simple notice "based on work by Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@stdin.nl>" is also fine!).
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

ok thank you,

i think this is a good solution without to much effort and i hope the result is usefull for someone out there.
mike7

Post by mike7 »

I want to implement solution based on RF22, but there are 2 versions - 433 & 868 MHz. Is it possible to use 433 MHz version to handle MAX! messages on 868.3 MHz? It's not clear for me from datasheet and library description.
delboy711
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by delboy711 »

Mike
The 433MHz module has a hardware band pass filter so although the software is identical to the 868MHz version, it will not work for you.
delboy711
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by delboy711 »

firefox0815 wrote:ok thank you,

i think this is a good solution without to much effort and i hope the result is usefull for someone out there.
It certainly is useful. Thanks very much to yourself and matthijskooijman for the excellent work.

I have one question. Using your code I have put together an Arduino script to comminicate with eq-3 max thermostats, but I do not have a cube or wall thermostat so I cannot listen in to the protocol when they pair with the thermostat.

Does someone know what the format of the pair command is?
I have tried looking in the fhem code to find it without success so far.

Thanks
firefox0815
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by firefox0815 »

have a look inside the message package. the protocol is complete for basics like connecting setting weekproflies valve states and of course read and write temperature modes.

have fun

Return to “Homematic, FS20, FHT, ESA and ELV”